Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Island dweller

Default A little drama w Maverick

Ok. Those of you who were in the chat room with me know this already but Maverick came home w a bloody paw last night. He had split the pad somehow. Cut it on a can lid or something super sharp. It's almost an inch long and half an inch deep. He wasn't sore and was walking and playing and acting normal. We cleaned him up as best we could (mental note to self, make a doggy first aid kit) and today bf went out and got some gauze and that stretchy tape. I rinsed it with salt water and we wrapped him up. He's fine.

There was so much drama because he was wailing on the floor, milking it as he usually does. I mean, I'm sure it hurt but he really loves the attention too. And the weird thing is that Mini (Maverick and Mini are the original two) was obviously upset by Maverick's antics. She flew into a rage. Hid under a table and slapped Mikey's butt with full claws several times. Mikey then had a fit and sat on Maverick trying to get steve's pity. Mini flew across Maverick and attack Steve before I grabbed her and put her in her perch (top of a shelf) so she could watch things and calm down. We had to put Mikey outside because he kept running all over Maverick who was still whining on the floor.

Now, Maverick is happily chewing a bone and Mikey is still tied up outside and Mini is cleaning herself.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Playful Husky Pup

lol your animals Saje sounds like the defination of drama lol

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Island dweller

They are! They are all nuts.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

im glad hes ok "bread" lol
Old 02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Island dweller

I told Steve that and we are considering it since he only bought one gauze pad.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:44 PM
Felurian

My old vet taught me this trick. After you've cleaned it out thoroughly and put some antiseptic down inside, hold the edges of the wound together tightly, making sure the area is dry and run a bead of Super Glue GEL down the surface. Hold it together until the glue dries thoroughly. The stuff was originally developed to use in place of stitches in certain applications.

Now, has your bunch been in the chat room with my bunch lately?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Island dweller

That's a good idea. I will look into it. How long will it stay on?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Felurian

Just keep an eye on it. I'm not sure how long it will stay on a foot. You'll probably have to reapply a few times. It worked like a charm on Gonzo's jaw. He had to have surgery to remove a salivary gland at the vet school. He had some condition that only dogs get, and being a cat, his jaw area was a lot smaller than my vet wanted to take a chance with in his small practice, so he referred us to the vet school. Everything was fine, except some idiot student stitched him up with a running suture. Any idea how long it takes a cat to remove a running suture?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2005, 11:47 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Bronki sheared the flap of skin off of the large pad of both front feet at the lake, he must have come down on something at just the right angle..I had to carry him outside..down three steps to void and then back up to put him on his bed. It was a rough ordeal and lasted about three days. maverick must be made of tough stuff to walk on it..I hope he heals quickly...tell him I am sorry about his boo.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Don't encourage me..

Well no one could accuse you of having a dull home life! lol

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch