Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

I can't imagine leaving that little fella there all alone for one minute. What if the dog circled around and came back for him?! He was probably terrified. It just struck me as weird to not carry him someplace safe or stay with him until she could flag someone down.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I can't imagine leaving that little fella there all alone for one minute. What if the dog circled around and came back for him?! He was probably terrified. It just struck me as weird to not carry him someplace safe or stay with him until she could flag someone down.
See my post above yours - we probably posted at about the same time.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 05-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Twin 2

So scary! Including the cat, not one I would like to mess with! So glad s/he was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
My first thought was she was making sure the dog was gone.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

I thought she might be grabbing a weapon, or circling around the van to make sure the dog was gone

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
There was an article that was originally paired with the video that said that she left her son to chase the dog away as it was still in the vicinity. She was bitten as a result.
My dad was just telling me about this video when I came home for lunch, and he said the same thing.

Here's the article:
http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/stor...WUyPi0Coy3cCwQ

Quote:
The boy's mother, Erica Triantafilo, was outside at the time. She said the dog was still hanging around and she tried to chase it away and it bit her as well.

The boy was taken to the hospital and received 10 stitches. He is now home recovering.

Triantafilo said her neighbors voluntarily had their dog quarantined.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Quarantined??? That dog should be dead. A dog that goes after an adult for some reason? Ok, shame on the owners, fine, and keep everyone safe from here on out.

A dog that goes after a small child like that? I don't care if it's prey, territorial, the kid stepped on it, whatever, any dog with a reaction like that to a child has a severe temperament flaw. One in which I have zero tolerance for.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Kristina

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
Quarantined??? That dog should be dead. A dog that goes after an adult for some reason? Ok, shame on the owners, fine, and keep everyone safe from here on out.

A dog that goes after a small child like that? I don't care if it's prey, territorial, the kid stepped on it, whatever, any dog with a reaction like that to a child has a severe temperament flaw. One in which I have zero tolerance for.
I am inclined to agree. That dog is dangerous
Old 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

The dog should totally be put down.

I read that its' illegal to kill an animal without quarantining it if it is suspected of rabies, but that seems strange to me as you can test for rabies after killing it. Maybe it's just cheaper to quarantine.

Here is a gif:

Last edited by Xandra; 05-14-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm All Ears

I have seen a dog run up someone and start attacking totally unprovoked before in real life. It was very scary. It's rare but it happens. Such dogs should be put down.

That cat is awesome though.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:39 PM
BusterLove

I wonder if it would be that it's a behavioural issue thats been building for a while without being dealt with. The dog seemed so confident in how it handled the situation.
I also wonder if the bike had anything to do with it.

Go cat go!