Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Active Pup

i have put a soft cotton cloth there. i will put one of my old shirts today. today when i put him in his crate, he dint like it and kept barking. i thought he dint want to be in his crate and ignored him. he kept whining and pee'd in his crate. he did that 2 times today but after that i was more patient with him and he has either pee'd outside or on a newspaper. i am running out of newpapers at home i have started adding some solid foods like pedigree in his milk. he likes it a lot and has vomitted only once today. and that too he vomitted only 3 pellets of pedigree. he is starting to get used to it.
Old 04-24-2004, 05:33 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Crate training can be an efficient and effective way to house train a dog. Dogs do not like to soil their resting/sleeping quarters if given adequate opportunity to eliminate elsewhere. Temporarily confining your dog to a small area strongly inhibits the tendency to urinate and defecate... this is the fact we use to our advantage in house training dogs.However, there is still a far more important aspect of crate training.
If your dog does not eliminate while she is confined, then she will need to eliminate when she is released, i.e., she eliminates when you are present to reward and praise her.
If you are crate training your dog to go outside then in my opinion I think it is unecissary to teach him to use the papers. It might confuse him about going in the house vs. outside later when the pup is old enough to hold it until he's out.
I've read that milk isn't good for puppies stomachs and it will make them throw up...
Sounds like he was telling you he had to go out thats something already

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 04-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Active Pup

the thing is when he eliminates at night, i cant take him out... so then he goes on papers. the other times i take him out. he has been able to hold it for longer periods now. the crate i am using is a TV box and he is going to jump out soon.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Active Pup

i have upload his pic. heres the link. it may take a while for the image to get approved.

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...1104&nocache=1
Old 04-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Active Pup

A posible reason for your dog threw up its food could be that it is too rich for it or you didnt slowly increace the amount of this food given ,you shoulg give it over at least a week, cos it could givethe pup a bad tummy.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Felurian

Sometimes a puppy - or even a grown dog - will vomit food back up because they've eaten too fast. Shiva was TERRIBLE about that! Kharma never does, but Shiva gobbles and Kharma nibbles. Bimmer stands over his bowl and growls! (lol)
Old 05-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Active Pup

Talking I've got a lab

My lab shook of her coller when I took her for a walk so trane her heal good.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Active Pup

hey renee,
i have been reading this new skete monk training page. is thre any king of a e-book i can can download? Buying the book would mean i have to use my card which i dont have.In india, the credits cards are not popular. we all use debit cards. and i cant use debit cards over the net. is there any type of a E-book? or a video i can watch online?
Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Felurian

I don't know of any download. Maybe a local bookstore would order their books for you?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Active Pup

yeah i did that. they said they will try to get it for me. they are also giving me a good discount on it. i have a problem. i put a collar on him and he is fine but when i put him on the leash he justs sits and i have to pull him hard to move which i dont want to do. what do i do?