Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Default Does one dog love you more?

Does your dog love you do you think? How do they show it. If you have more than one dog... do you think one loves you more?

For example... Kili acts like the world ended if I leave her. She launches herself at me when I come home as if I have left her forever... Even if it was only an hour. And yet if we are out... she pays absolutely no attention to me and everything else is more interesting than me.

Summit, on the other hand, greets me at the door with a wagging tail but there is no "oh thank god you came home!". On walks and in the agility ring he pays attention to me and does what I tell him. And when I've taken him with my to my ultimate frisbee games and tournaments, he has shown genuine concern when I have been injured. He always looks for me on line changes as I come off the field. I used to just tie him to my backpack since it was enough resistance to prevent him from wandering off. But one time I got bowled over on the field by a larger player and was a little winded so I didn't get up right away and play had to be stopped. My teammates told me they had to hold Summit back because he tried to charge out onto the field to me. Ad I could tell when I hobbled off to the sideline that he was very anxious.

Granted, last season when I took both dogs, I never got injured so I have no idea what Kili's reaction would be. She does watch for me to come off the field and has her freak out "oh thank god you came back for me!". So maybe she would show concern for my welfare too... but right now, Summit wins for loving me the most.

So how about your dogs? Who loves you the most?

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

My mother calls my dogs Little Norman 1 and Little Norman 2, because they are both obsessed with me ala Norman Bates. They both act like I am their world.

That said, I think Gimmick would integrate into another family and find a new owner to be obsessed with. I don't think Gambit could. Hybrids are hard to rehome, and k don't think he could take it.

So I guess Gambit loves me more.

In contrast, Lady Chesh is a whorecat. She recently spent 2 months with my mother, and blended in like she had always been there. She definitly loves me the least!

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Top Dog

Meg. Hands down. Gusto loves me more than he loves anyone else (other than himself), but Meg loves me 100x more than him. If I were gone, Gusto would transfer himself over to anyone who had food and toys and played with him. I really think Meg would pine. She won't let other people take her for a walk off the property. She follows me around the house regardless of who else is here.

They are both my dogs. I love them both more than I ever thought possible. But Meg is 100% My Dog.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Got Floof?

I think loving someone and expressing it are two different things. Kobe loves me, and he is way more excited to see me than he is most people. Which is still... not much. But it's because he's aloof. He does things with me that he wouldn't do with other people, and that is how I know he loves me. He's not as wiggly lovey-dovey as Syl, but it's a definite equal.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 04-13-2014, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Bristol, when I went on a cruise with a friend she hung out under the table for 2 days before deciding my husband was good enough, lol. If we are home she I'd with me, usually on me, and I am the only one she gets excited to see come home, everyone else she doesn't even really move for, except strangers, she freaking loves strangers lol.

Diesel is happy to see everyone come home, and spends time equally with hubby and I when we are home.

Gage is truly a family dog. He loves us all.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

I'm not sure. I've never really thought about it. I know Keira loves me the least haha. I'm just a stand in for when my mom isn't around. She acts like I'm her favourite and then mom comes and she totally blows me off lol. She's really funny about it too. I think the other three love me about equally though. Maybe. Dance and Journ definitely do. All three of them view me as their world though, but they're all three very different dogs, so they act differently.

Ripley gazes at me adoringly and springs up, tail wagging, super happy if I give any indication that I want to pet him. Dance follows me from room to room to watch me and just be with me, even if not that close (she likes her space unless she's dead tired, then she's snuggly). She just likes to know where I am and be in the same room as me, even when other people are around. And Journey truly loves everybody and makes her rounds, but she checks in with me a lot and after she's done visiting others, she finds me wherever I am and I am always the first person she brings toys to or wants to sit on the couch with or do things with. The only time this dynamic changes is when I am with our friends and Flyball team. In that case, I am pretty sure there is one person Dance would happily leave me for haha. And Journey too. But that's because these particular people are nothing by a source of excitement and fun and let them do naughty things haha. Just one big party!

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I have no idea. They're all quite different. Pepper is obsessed with me and wants to become one with me. Payton is the BIGGEST Mama's boy in the world. And then Auggie acts like he hates me an awful lot but he's just faking. I don't think you can quantify it. It's just different.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

I don't think Zobby loves me.

Elsie obsesses about me.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:47 PM
such sights to show you

Pip has favorites. In this order, his people are me, my husband, my dad, and the neighbor. After that, he will be sweet with people who have good dog manners, but he is never as happy to see or interact with anyone as we four.

Squash and Maisy love everyone in the world and it shows. But, when anything is wrong in Squash's world (like if he doesn't feel good) he gets very clingy with me specifically.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Abrams loves me like he loves everyone. If I were gone...he'd be just as happy with someone else. He gets excited to see me, curls up on my lap, plays with me, picks me over strangers...but if I had to rehome him, he'd adapt like a normal dog would. He's the same with Michael. He gets SO excited to see him, but he gets just as excited to see my best friend who used to dog sit for me, so. Lol

Cynder is totally different. Her world revolves around Michael. When she saw him for the first time when he came home for Christmas, then again last month...the best I can say it is she acted a lot like me. Stunned disbelief. Then some crying. Then some hugging. Then a few days of not letting him out of her sight. She likes me more than most people, and when Michael isn't around I'm her next favorite. But that dog lights up when he is around like she doesn't light up for anyone, me included, and I've been her caregiver for almost three years now. If she were rehomed...she would be severely depressed, and I don't know if she'd get over it.