Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

Default Gardens!

How about a 2015 home/garden/farm thread? I'd love to see what other people are up to at their places! Lots of pictures, please

On the ragged edge of the world
I'll roam
And the home of the wolf
Shall be my home

Last edited by Kootenay; 06-06-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

This thread will be so much fun! I can't wait to see what everyone is doing.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 06-06-2015, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Does this link work?

https://www.facebook.com/nearmstrong...8549598&type=3

I am really behind in my gardens this year. Between the foster kittens, getting my soap business going, events, etc I just havent had nor made the time. Veggies are all really late but I got a lot of cool season stuff in earlier. First year I had a nice crop of spinach as it tends to be tricky for me.

Flowers I had plans, lots of plans....those are on hold til next year for the most part:/

And if anyone wants to see what last year looked like
https://www.facebook.com/nearmstrong...8549598&type=3

I take a lot of pics so sorry. I use the albums as my journal so try to take pics about weekly to document the changes
Old 06-06-2015, 01:21 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I put some up in my ongoing wannabee farm thread a while ago, but can probably find some more for here. Or go take some, ha. Right now I am head to toe exhausted from hauling compost...

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 06-06-2015, 03:58 PM
*Now with Snark*

It's been a bit of a work in progress in a year of works in progress but here are a few pics of some of the flowers I've been working with. It it apparently the year of the two toned flowers.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

Greenmagick, yep those links worked, nice!

Gorgeous flowers, Kat09Tails

We have a bit of a short growing season, so even though we've had a warm spring, things still aren't as far along as some of you guys!

Half the garden from up above (no wide angle makes it hard to take full garden pictures!)

Mixed greens and beets

Beans!

Peas

Big raspberry patch

Lots of potatoes

Strawberries! I ate the first one the other day

Chard

Little carrots coming along

A few more...

I'll roam
And the home of the wolf
Shall be my home
Old 06-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

Squash patch - unknown winter squash, zucchini and yellow crookneck. Also you can see a few of the TONS of volunteer sunflowers that popped up everywhere.

And a columbine picture just because they're so pretty

We also have asparagus, cucumber, more lettuce and spinach on the way, a singular tomato plant (failed on that one), and maybe some peppers? The boyfriend just built a greenhouse this spring, and I put some sad looking pepper starts in there as well as more cucumbers.

We also have some sweet baby chicks!

I'll roam
And the home of the wolf
Shall be my home
Old 06-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Top Dog

Reviving this thread for a few questions...I really need to get some pics!

I have a large raised bed outdoors, and am growing tomatoes, various lettuces, peas, beans, corn, squash, and hot peppers.

I'm assuming it has to do with the weather (it didn't get warm/hot here until much later than usual), but my plants are taking FOREVER to grow crops. Even the crops that are existing are taking forever to mature - longer than usual/the books say/etc. Is this solely because of weather?

Also, I planted an indoor (potted) tomato months and months ago (I think January/February, I forget). I used a bag of seeds and planted multiple seeds from the same bag. The plant grew quickly and is now quite large, but indoors, it never flowered or produced fruit. I'm not sure if this is a fertilization issue?? I just moved the plant outside next to my in-ground tomatoes, so I'm hoping that helps. But I wanted to have fruit indoors for a longer season/even in winter, so...help?!?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Reviving this thread for a few questions...I really need to get some pics!

I have a large raised bed outdoors, and am growing tomatoes, various lettuces, peas, beans, corn, squash, and hot peppers.

I'm assuming it has to do with the weather (it didn't get warm/hot here until much later than usual), but my plants are taking FOREVER to grow crops. Even the crops that are existing are taking forever to mature - longer than usual/the books say/etc. Is this solely because of weather?

Also, I planted an indoor (potted) tomato months and months ago (I think January/February, I forget). I used a bag of seeds and planted multiple seeds from the same bag. The plant grew quickly and is now quite large, but indoors, it never flowered or produced fruit. I'm not sure if this is a fertilization issue?? I just moved the plant outside next to my in-ground tomatoes, so I'm hoping that helps. But I wanted to have fruit indoors for a longer season/even in winter, so...help?!?
Sorry I couldn't be of help...I hope things are going better now!

Our garden is doing well, we're starting to harvest beets, carrots, zuchini, and even a few baby potatoes the other day. The raspberries are just about done, but we have loads of them in the freezer.

All the millions of volunteer sunflowers are blooming like crazy, between them and the squash plants crawling everywhere, it is turning into quite the jungle in there!

You can kind of see the carrot beds, and hidden amongst all the sunflowers there are beets and lettuce, kale, swiss chard, onions, and you can see the beans climbing in the middle of the garden. Obviously lots of squash everywhere, I think some of the plants are pumpkins (there were a lot of volunteer squash too).

Squash climbing the fence

I'll roam
And the home of the wolf
Shall be my home
Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Top Dog

My plants started producing! They're late but prolific. I have dozens of cherry tomatoes and the big guys are still working. Enough chiles that I think I need to dry or pickle them and I'm drowning in kale. Enough veggies to serve as a side salad a few nights a week

My originally indoor tomato still isn't doing anything, though

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com