Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-01-2014, 08:24 AM
Top Dog

Default Did/do you do the Easter bunny?

Does your family do the Easter bunny? What does the bunny bring?

As kids, my parents went all out at Easter. We got large baskets full of candy, small toys, sometimes DVDs, CDs, or books, and sometimes larger toys, stuffed animals, action figures, etc.

I don't think I'd go as crazy as my parents did (and will for Lillian), but it's tempting! She's still too young for candy, and so far I just got her small, $1 versions of Beatrix potter books. I don't want to get her more stuffed animals she doesn't need or even like right now. I'm thinking I'll get her something like a wooden puzzle or something and some snacks.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yup! The "easter bunny" would leave us baskets at our place settings at the table Easter morning. Typically different candies, a small "toy" (DVD, cheap video game, stuffed animal, a book etc.), and maybe one other misc. item depending on how expensive your toy was (I think a year or two ago I received a hardback copy of one of Kim Harrison's books and some underwear LOL).

Totally just realized this will be my first year not getting an Easter basket. Being a grown up sucks.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Top Dog

I got an Easter Basket every year as a kid. A while back I found a plastic easter egg hidden in my stuff by my parents 15 years earlier. lol They used to hide easter eggs all over the house.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm All Ears

Well we did an easter egg hunt with the dogs and about 50 eggs and 3 containing birch odor this weekend. Does that count? LOL

We did the egg thing as kids and do it with the nieces too. I think it's a lot of fun. The eggs would have small toys, mostly candy, sometimes a dollar or some change, etc.

We also got baskets with chocolates and usually a small gift like a stuffed animal or something.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Silence, peasants.

Yep! We had to find ours hidden in the house. Some jelly beans, flower seeds, maybe a little toy, and a chocolate bunny.

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Behavior Nerd

My parents did the easter bunny, but it was very simple: real egg dying the night before, a sweet treat on my place at the table in the morning, then an easter egg hunt in the back yard. They hid about 6-10 eggs depending on my age at the time and then 2 or 3 small gifts (under $5 each generally). I loved it!

Old 04-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yep. My mom had a huge tray of spare change in her bedroom so for Easter she would put the change in eggs and hide them around the house. Then we'd each have a basket with candy in it and a toy or something. Usually it was a stuffed rabbit.

My grandma also put together baskets for us and would hide them in her basement so we'd have to find them when we went down for Easter dinner.

Now I put kibble in eggs and "hide" them in the yard for the dogs LOL. Nobody gets an Easter basket though hahaha. Although I do usually find at least one nice new sheep toy for them around Easter time.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

Yes we did, we still do Easter baskets, but now it's a single communal one full of candy. We always got lots of candy (chocolate) and usually smaller toys. I actually can't remember what sorts of toys we got when we were little, I think I got a stuffed animal bunny one year...probably did beanie babies at some point. I know eventually I started getting earrings and seeds to plant. That sort of thing. We always dyed eggs the night before too, last year was actually the first year we didn't.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:40 AM
orange iguanas.

We got baskets filled with candy and usually some sort of small toy (I think mine always had a little stuffed animal). They'd be hidden in the house and we'd have to find them. Then an Easter egg hunt in the backyard

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Yep!

We would each have a trail leading from our bedroom, to down the stairs and into the living room. Then we'd hunt for the eggs. There would be a large chocolate whatever (hockey bunny for brother, dog for me, whatever for my sister) with our name on it too -- if you found somebody else's, you just kept quiet and found your own. The "big" things -- kinder surprise eggs, and any little toys -- for each kid would be in our line from our bedroom, so we were sure to get it and not a sibling. Make things fair and all that.

Once we got Rosey, it moved into the basement for a couple years. Then it just turned into a bag of chocolate for each of us, since it was easier (and safer with Rosey) that way.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13