Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I will definately post some pictures of my girls in their shirts as soon as I get them.

We can all be strange together Debi...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Love my pets

I don't have human children as my "X" during our 20 years of marriage never wanted children. Now I have a 24 year old stepson who I love and loves me back - never had to change a diaper!

My children are my past, present, and future pets. They know and understand me better than anyone. Carl loves pets even more than me. Once he found a sick bird and brought it to a local children's museum where they have some birds and asked them to bring it back to good health which they did. Carl spends hours on dog message boards.

My mom years ago when a neighbor asked when I was going to have children, told her that Brandy (my lab now in heaven) was my child and her grandchild. My neighbor looked at my mom like she was crazy. My mom loved Brandy so very much. Not to be sad, but when my mom was ill, Brandy passed away and 3 months later my mom passed away. I know they were meant to be together and loving each other.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Felurian

I know what you mean, Barb. Charley's Mom didn't live long after Buffy was poisoned. I made it a point to make the comment to all the "right" people that losing Buffy just took something out of her.

I know it got back to where it needed to go . . . and I'm not done with that one yet, either.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Border Collie Lover

I'm quite lucky with my family. My Mum and Dad are dog mad too. Dad's a trainer and behaviourist, which can be quite handy. my kids think I'm nuts but love me anyway and I did quite well with the man in my life. He liked dogs before, he was brought up by a mum who bred and showed boxers but he'd not had anything to do with training as such. When we got together one of my boys, Ash who is a lab/collie X decided to adopt him. We now go to training classes together and we are hoping to help my Dad set up an agility club.
I think I am pretty lucky.
Lynn
Old 02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Wolfpack

Well...My grandmother doesn't like our pets, but she got used to them. My brother loves Amira, but he doesn't really like our cats coz we adopted them without his permission (like we should have his permission...nooooot ).

My mom found our first cat abandoned in the basement of a building and the other cat was found by me. Actually he was brought by some kids where I work and I adopted him. I just fell in love with him the moment I saw him .

Another good thing that happened since we have our furbabies is: because of us and because we like so much animals we made our father like them too . Our parents are divorced but we still keep in touch with our father and we get along pretty good. He didn't like animals before. But since we have Amira and the 2 cats he has transformed in another person and now he has a cat and a dog. Really funny.

If somebody told me in the past that he would get a cat and a dog I wouldn't have believed him...and now I still can't believe it, but it's true and I'm glad.

And I pretty much can't complain coz I'm sorounded by people who love animals, so...it's ok.
Kiss Kiss
Nicco

Old 02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i am so happy for your Father, better late than never..to learn all the love they can teach us!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

People are always ragging on me because I love my dogs, and all pets so much...even my mom tells me to relax every now and then...I do get offended..because everyone has their own passion in life...and it just seems like everyone is always talking about their kids...like I give a poop about how many diapers you changed today!?!

I'll probably have kids one day, but its not a big deal..people have kids all the time and I don't see why everyone seems to be pressured....and if you don't, its like your some kind of weirdo? I see young mothers spending hours talking about how their kid learned to make chocolate chip cookies? WOOoo..big whoop de doo dah...*rolls eyes*

I hope society changes its point of view sooner than later because its becoming annoying. I just have the fact that there are so many people that don't like dogs or even hate them..its sooo offensive..but if you ever said anything like "oh I'm not too fond of children" they'd send you to a nut house..lol

I'll be honest..I'm not a kid lover myself...maybe its because I'm only 20 and never had to deal with them..but I just don't feel comfortable around kids...the ones living in my building, for example...are ALL...too noisy, messy, and whinny...one came up to Messina and started poking the poor dog in the eye while the mom just stood there and laughed..I thought to myself...like uhm..put your kid on a leash! *no offense to anyone that has kids! Just feeling rantish today...*
Old 02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Island dweller

my bf's uncle who I complain about all the time told me that there was something wrong with me and something missing in my life that I needed to fill with animals.

That didn't go over well.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Felurian

And have you told him to get off of Maverick and Mikey's sofa?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Ass Lover

The ButtGumbo estate has Me, the spousal unit,our son, Leo, Josie The Wonderdog, and 3 cats. When my mom (rarely) comes over she always sniffs and snorts and looks down her nose at (especially) the dog. She despises animals. (She doesn't like me much either, but that's another story.) Last thanksgiving she suggested (demanded) I put the dog in it's cage. I did. Then I put Leo in his bed and shut the door. 15 minutes later she asked: "Where's Leo?". I simply said: "Oh, I didn't think you wanted to be disturbed, so I put all the kids to bed."

She didn't get it.

On another line of thought...since I've had two dogs as an adult, I recognize that I really missed something by growing up and never having a dog. That's something that I will never do to my child. I also think that importance is even greater because we kind of live out in the country. Sure, Josie frustrates him sometimes because she's kinda bad (and probably mildly retarded), but I listed to him when he and Josie are alone in another room, and to hear him giggling and talking to her and sometimes trying to "command" her) i almost get a tear in my eye and feel sad about my own childhood.

Egads, you guys, I'm all meloncholy tonight. I need to go and make a funny dog picture.