Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Your family....and your pets....

I sent some pics to my older brother in TX...well, no surprise..if we're in them, the dogs are in them. LOL Anyway....in a nice enough way I suppose, my sister-in-law writes back and sorta tells me to get a life. She wants me back in the working world I guess..........and, maybe I do talk about the dogs tooooooo much. Anyway, I was just wondering....does your extended family think you get tooooooooooo into your pets??? If so, what exactly do you say to them?

My kids actually get a kick out of our dogs...altho, Stef always says this.."funny how you got Addie, the girl (like her) then Hammie, the boy (like lil Dave)...have they now replaced us?" But that's just a silly joke between us. THEY love the dogs and understand that I need my babies to love. (probably are thrilled...it takes pressure off of them!!! lol)

This past weekend, I sent my little brother some pics....and even he is sort of annoyed at the dog 'thingy'. Oh well........I live in my own little corner of the universe with my furbabies.

And..........THAT'S why I like it here!! LOL LOL

hmmmmm, so.........anyone else have family that kinda thinks your 'nuts' over your pets???
Old 02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

I get offended when people say stuff like that. So what if I am an animal person. I am quite sure your sister-in-law has a few of her own idiosyncrisies that you could get on to her about. I am lucky enough that most of my family is nutty over their animals. My mother-in-law sings songs to her cat (Chuck), my sister-in-law has 2 cats and a mastiff whom she loves more than her last boyfriend because he was not a dog person (now she is happily engaged to a man who loves her and her mastiff), my husband sings songs to both the dog and the cat, my mom feeds her dog spaghetti (until she got in trouble with the vet), my youngest brother loves animals too, my middle brother's girlfriend is an animal lover too, the only family I have that are not animal nutty are my dad and middle brother. But they both still understand my love for them.

So, I think you are perfectly fine and normal. I think people who don't give their animals the love they deserve are the freaks in life. You can always tell a nice person by the animal who loves that person.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Felurian

I don't know if they do or not - they wouldn't have the nerve to tell me if they did. They all know I'm perfectly capable of never being bothered with them again - after all, I have my critters!

LOL! And you can always tell your kids they haven't been replaced - just upgraded!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 01:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My Father once wrote me that he was sick of hearing about dogs..so from that day forward I wrote..Dear Dad, the weather here is fine. How is it wit you? We are all well.......he never knew about my life and the joy in it. Tell your sister in law that for me....this is my life, and if u are interested I would be happy to share it with you. AFter all, that is what life is all about isn't it? I know many of my friends chose not to have children, and when I am with them I check how much I talk about my kids just because I do not know how they feel when I go on, but if it wasn't for the dogs...where would the funny stories come from. Gee I enjoyed my cornflakes this morning?
Old 02-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

I agree completely with you smkie. They are definently to be credited with a lot of my enjoyment and happiness in life. I don't have children yet, and right now my pets are my children, and will continue to be even after I do.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Oh, I have people tell me that I need to get a life because I'm always on this website talking about dogs, or looking at different breeds of dogs on the internet. Everythime I take a new picture of my dogs, I post it on the website. I don't really care what they say. My dogs are my life. They are my family and I love them. My mom was asking me the other day when she was going to get a grandbaby out of me. HA....(not gonna happen). So, I am ordering a shirt for Beulah and Dixie that says "I am the grandchild".....I can't wait to get them in...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Felurian

I'd love to see your Mom's face when you show her Dixie and Beulah in those shirts!

I think my Mom actually prefers the dogs to anything I might have spawned . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Like Bogo I get a bit offended when people say that to me. My dogs are my life and i would'nt have it any other way. Now my family is considered the weird ones to my extended family. My dad grew up on a sled dog training farm (where my parents live now) and was the only one of his 7 siblings who liked the dogs. I have now added to the family gossip lots of aunts and uncles and all of my moms side of the family just don't see how we can live the way we do. They say my dogs are the reason im not married yet lol.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

LOL! tl ashmore, I love the idea of the shirts! How cute, take pics!

Love4pits, you tell those aunts and uncles that the only reason you are not married yet is that you have not found anyone good enough for your dogs! It is hard to find a good man for your dogs, because you have to train them just right (the man, not the dogs).
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM

LOL tlashmore and bogolove!!!!! Actually, you all made me feel better about the whole thing. Sooooooo, IF I'm strange...then I'm in good company.