Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Who woulda thought <3

We never meal plan weeks ahead lol. I wish I could, but then I get a taste for something else and that just throws the whole plan out of wack. What we do usually do is have chicken breast and hamburger meat in the freezer at all times because you can make sooooo many different meals with those two ingredients.

On a side note, I HATE grocery shopping, that is one part of being a grown up I can do without. LOL
Old 03-28-2014, 01:17 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I grew up on take out so I ate something different every night... I would go crazy if I had to eat the same thing every Monday for instance. And I can't do the same meal for 3 nights in a row either. I need variation! What I tend to do is have different types of frozen meats/veggies avail as well as some fresh and then it's just a matter of making the different recipes... but they always have little ingredients here and there I don't have and don't think of when at the store and then I HATE going back during my workweek!

I'm actually really liking this website though. The importing the recipes is going to be a pain initially... but the grocery list it prints out is fantastic(ordered by type of food-dairy, canned, meat, produce, etc with a label to let you know which recipe it goes too, and apparently if you want to take the time you can set up which ingredients are found in which isles of your grocery store and what stores you like to buy what ingredients from) and I have a calendar of meals I can print out too.

Plus, I'm thinking once I get the recipe list set up properly I can tell the SO to log on and pick out his couple request days and then I can just print out my grocery list.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Puppy Dog

Its not a meal-planning website, but I mainly use Pinterest and a meal-planning sheet like this one for meal planning. From my list of pins, I pick whatever looks good/I feel like, has ingredients that readily available, in-season or on-sale in the grocery flyers, and will fit into our schedule for the week.

I usually plan and shop for 3 or 4 meals since with hubby's work, weeknights are kind of screwy sometimes, and I hate planning for a meal and then not being able to cook it. I make hubby cook on those nights - he's a much better freestyle cook than I am.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

I'm lucky that both DH and I could eat the same thing every single day for months. I buy bagels every week from the local bagel place and we have those for breakfast. I usually split my bagel between breakfast and lunch (they're huge) so I'm eating the same thing twice a day. For lunch he makes a sandwich and packs a yogurt and piece of fruit, every day. Then for dinner I try to stretch things out for two meals. DH eats a ton of food (and never gains weight - jerk!) so what would feed a family for 4 is about good for one of our meals. There's usually one night where we eat a random mix of whatever is left over. I probably cook about 4 times a week, we eat out once a week (go to a bar with friends and get pizza or something), then some combination of leftovers and take out the other two nights.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

Ugh I can't eat the same thing too much. When it's really good I can have it 3 times in 5 days or something but then I'm totally done. And I don't make it again for a very long time. It's been very annoying because I'm trying to eat a lot of protein while I lose weight (almost done at least), so I eat a lot of chicken breasts... and seriously I'm running out of ideas of how to eat grilled chicken breast. It sucks.