Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-22-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Things I learned this week so far..

1. when it rains on top of snow....there's no place for the water to go, therefore you have an entire world of slush.

2. you find out your winter boots have died when you venture forth into said slush.....and it is very gross.

3. your dogs HAVE to go out more when it's gross, cause they get a kick out of your feet being wet AND cold.

4. No matter how much you dry your dog......they are damp, and they smell kinda like...............dogs. well, dogs that need a bath anyway.

5. You thought you were sick of Feb.,........now you KNOW you are.

6. Your dogs can never get enough of frollicking in the mud (do they really never feel yukky?????)

7. I've learned that ...forget about mere caffeine.......Irish coffee is sounding like the ticket to take me to May. (if only in my mind)

8. I DO like to whine. YES, it helps.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Felurian

I'll join you in that wine, er, um, whine, Debi! ARRROOOOWOOOOWOOO!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 11:22 AM

Yes, Renee........let's make it wine.........instead of whine.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:31 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Better stock up, the weather man says March is gonna be worse than FEb. I take some brandy please
Old 02-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Felurian

SMKie, you're far too artistic for mere brandy - you should have a lovely bottle of Cognac! And a Schmidt dark chocolate truffle.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 11:51 AM

Smkie 'March worse than Feb.'....NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Felurian

They've warned us here that when we have a February warm up and lots of fog we always get a hard cold snap in March and a big snow . . .

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

AS an artist I'd be lucky to get a bottle of mad dog..we're only famous after were gone..anybody use cornbags to keep warm? my mom makes them..you take seed corn and sew it up in a little square..pop that thing in the microwave for a minute and shove it in your pocket......they are so nice....weatherman said..snow..rain..ice..I am going to hide until it is all over..like the squirrels in the tree out front.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Felurian

[sigh] I guess I'm going to have to start buying lottery tickets so I can be an art patron someday, SMKie.

I've heard of those warm thingies, but I've only seen them made with barley before. How neat!

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Seed corn is cheap. just don't cook it too long..mom makes several sizes out of all that left over material that has filled the drawers...i get to see all that late 70's polester all over again. ha. Since she is old and always cold she has a long rectangular one that she keeps on the back of her neck..great for joint pain too, but my favorites are the cordoury pocket pals...they stay warm a long time.