Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-25-2014, 09:17 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

The parents were put on a gag order almost immediately.

And why would the court
Order the child to be sent back to Tufts and DCF ignored it?

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
This is kind of where I'm at with this case, too. Taken at face value? Yes, it's absolutely appalling and unfathomable that something like that could happen to the family.

But the flip side is, we are only getting half of the story. BCH can't say anything because of patient confidentiality, which puts them in a really shitty spot where they can't defend themselves at all because they can't talk about the case. So as horrible as it all sounds, I'm really reluctant to take sides because we just don't know the full story, only what the parents are telling.
And the parents were put under a gag order. And it shouldn't even matter. If the parents were that horrible CPS should be involved and there should be criminal charges filed against the parents. If not, then the hospital should have no say.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
And the parents were put under a gag order. And it shouldn't even matter. If the parents were that horrible CPS should be involved and there should be criminal charges filed against the parents. If not, then the hospital should have no say.
That's what I'm saying! Since when can one hospital just outright over rule another hospital and then take all parental rights away?

She was GETTING MEDICAL CARE... That's what this is about. Nothing about physical abuse or neglect... Just one hospital treating a physical illness and then another hospital deciding it's a mental disorder and to hell with the diagnosis and treatment she was getting... Take her away and lock her UP! They LOCKED HER UP in a psych ward for crying
Out loud!

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 03-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

All I can say is working on a psych unit you would not believe what we hear!

Families can convince outside people we are awful and blah blah but we can not say what is really going on. If people only had a clue sometimes. Personality disorders are rampant and drama drama drama, woe is me etc etc. Read up on them.

And drs will treat and operate on people with somatic illnesses all the time!

So with this story? Who knows. But hospitals do fight with each other over things especially when drs don't want to be proven wrong about something.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hospitals can argue all they want but they should not be able to just be like "well... we don't like your diagnosis so we're kidnapping her from her family. sorry about your luck" and the girl has gotten WORSE under their care. That's why the court ordered her transferred BACK to the hospital that was treating the physical condition... but they refuse? WHY and why isn't they court treating this as contempt of court? The girl isn't even GETTING medical care other than the basics in the system now... she's been removed from the psych ward and is just in "general custody". It's BS.

The idea of stealing a child from her home because of a disagreement on medical treatment (NOT and absence of treatment, mind you) is INSANE... perhaps they should be in the psych ward

G.K. Chesterton

Old 03-26-2014, 06:37 AM
Mutts to you

And in all of this, has anyone heard if the judge, the doctors or the DCF have EVER asked the girl what she wants? She's a teenager! She's not a little kid! She should have some say in what they're doing to her. Oh, yeah, BCH declared her a mental case... So what happens when she turns eighteen? They just kick her loose, having lost 3 years of her life? Providing, of course, she's still alive...

Yes, there is probably more to the story, but this has been badly handled all the way around. I'm sorry, but I just don't trust DCF, especially after reading stories where children are given back to drug addicted or abusive parents to later wind up dead.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post

Yes, there is probably more to the story, but this has been badly handled all the way around. I'm sorry, but I just don't trust DCF, especially after reading stories where children are given back to drug addicted or abusive parents to later wind up dead.
Well, and that's my hesitation with this story. The default, to a fault, is to keep the children with their parents. So USUALLY when they really are taken there is a valid reason.

However, yes, it can very much depend. I also have heard a couple horror stories about certain DFS workers putting their own ideology above what is actually going on. As a non-traditional family in many ways I do worry about this at times...we unschool, dont vaccinate, I am Pagan, etc. I have seen the stories of revenge...a ex, a MIL, a neighbor, etc calls and happens to find a worker who does not like the family's decisions that are against the norm and the kids get taken. But even with those, we dont always know the whole story so its tricky for sure
Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

DCF has now removed all visitation rights from the family citing that they "worry about threats to her
From the
Publicity"

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Twin 2

I refuse to jump to conclusions seeing how little actual facts are being presented and the way it's very, very one sided.

That being said, I thought this Slate article did a really good job showing more than one side so I thought I would throw it into this thread.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health..._suspects.html
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

I think its just so shocking for a normal thinking person to believe this could happen. It does. Some people are just very ill in other ways.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber