Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:13 PM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,079
Default Hoping for Puppies

We had my bitch stand last week with a couple good ties. Hopefully there's puppies brewing

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...da-vom-dreieck

with this guy

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...-wannaer-hohen

Should be a lot of great nerve, power and speed

More of an open breeding, but the breeder I own her with has some good mixing with a bunch of available dogs, and wants to bring some new stuff in. Both great dogs, we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,792
Default

Wow that's exciting!! Are you raising the pups? Have you ever had a litter before? Fingers crossed for you!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Julee's Avatar
Julee Julee is offline
Aware
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kent, CT
Posts: 2,782
Default

He's handsome, but I LOVE her.
__________________
Dogs in Tow - Updated 8/24/14



Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:01 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Wow that's exciting!! Are you raising the pups? Have you ever had a litter before? Fingers crossed for you!
I have not It was originally planned she would go back to the breeders and whelp and ween puppies there. But we have been discussing me raising them here instead.

Even though she is a "co-own", she is mine, and I hate being without my dogs I have a pretty good support system around me of people that have been thru this and are very involved dog people. 2 have offered to be here, no matter the day or time, to help whelp the puppies. I trust them to help me. I also have a good relationship with my vet here should anything arise. She's also best friends with the woman who's dog I let bite me on a regular basis

The timing is good too, well good and not good. We have a 2month old son right now, so he'll be just over 4 when they puppies are born. It will be a lot of work, but I am also able to stay home as well for next 4 months. I think that is an advantage. It will be a lot of work, but I'm not afraid of that. I figure by 5 months I'll have Eli in a little bite suit working puppies

I'm nervous, and excited. Won't be able to confirm pregnancy for a few weeks, so trying not to get too excited, but it's hard not to get excited about the potential. i'm really hoping for a nice medium sized litter 6 or so would be great Now that I wished for that, we'll get 2 or 12
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:03 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
He's handsome, but I LOVE her.
I'm kind of partial to her as well
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 AM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is offline
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 6,014
Default

Yey, congrats! How exciting! Crossing my fingers for an uneventful pregnancy and delivery!
__________________
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:54 AM
meepitsmeagan's Avatar
meepitsmeagan meepitsmeagan is online now
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 2,517
Default

ACK! Cautionary congrats! We just went through the waiting game and goodness it was rough.

WE NEEDS PICS IF THIS COMES OUT GOOD. ALL THE PICS.
__________________


Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,585
Default

That's really exciting news! The pedigree does interest me, and I can see what you mean about it being a good mix of various lines. I'll keep fingers crossed for a nice, healthy litter in a couple months! Is there a possibility that the breeder (or you?) will be holding onto a puppy?

I was also wondering why Athos' pedigree looked familiar at a glance - and realized that a friend of mine and I were actually just talking about a possible breeding she was interested in that would also have both Javir Talka Marda and Orry Wannaer Höhen. She really likes that combination, and the little that I know, I like too. That, and a friend online brought home an Athos puppy a couple of months ago, too.

Oh, and belated congratulations (by 2 months)!! Love the idea of a mini bitesuit - best to start them early
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-19-2014, 10:42 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,079
Default

There will definitely be puppies kept back. I haven't decided if I will be keeping one or not. My intention is to keep one, but my wife's isn't The breeder is keeping at least one or 2. This is a more open breeding to add something new to his lines and it won't do any good to do this type of breeding if you don't keep some and see how they turn out

We had a couple options, one was to continue with another dog of similar breeding and i'm sure it would have lined up nicely and produced very good puppies. It wasn't these two particular dogs, but nice dogs with similar pairings have resulted in very nice litters.

Another option was to do a pretty close linebreeding with a current stud of his. Lots of dogs lining up behind that option. It would have shown him a lot. Brought out lots of good or lots of bad The interest is, we both know a lot of those dogs in the pedigree very well. They all turned out great, produced well with others, etc.

But in the end he has those types of breedings still available if he choses to do it. he has my Yoli's brother who has bred to similar pedigreed females and has those puppies to work with. They're only about 6 months old, but so far so good. But this one was a chance to add something new from a dog he has worked often and likes. he of course knows his dogs very well and thought these two would make a good pairing. I guess we'll find out.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM
Equinox's Avatar
Equinox Equinox is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
There will definitely be puppies kept back. I haven't decided if I will be keeping one or not. My intention is to keep one, but my wife's isn't The breeder is keeping at least one or 2. This is a more open breeding to add something new to his lines and it won't do any good to do this type of breeding if you don't keep some and see how they turn out
I figured that was the case! Glad to hear it, especially the part about you wanting to keep one! And if you raise them at home, maybe there'll be a better chance for your wife to get attached (when they're not driving you both crazy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
We had a couple options, one was to continue with another dog of similar breeding and i'm sure it would have lined up nicely and produced very good puppies. It wasn't these two particular dogs, but nice dogs with similar pairings have resulted in very nice litters.

Another option was to do a pretty close linebreeding with a current stud of his. Lots of dogs lining up behind that option. It would have shown him a lot. Brought out lots of good or lots of bad The interest is, we both know a lot of those dogs in the pedigree very well. They all turned out great, produced well with others, etc.

But in the end he has those types of breedings still available if he choses to do it. he has my Yoli's brother who has bred to similar pedigreed females and has those puppies to work with. They're only about 6 months old, but so far so good. But this one was a chance to add something new from a dog he has worked often and likes. he of course knows his dogs very well and thought these two would make a good pairing. I guess we'll find out.
It's always so nice finding a breeder/litter where so many aspects of the breeding has been considered - the dam and sire themselves, the dogs behind them in the pedigree, what that's produced, what this match will offer in terms of the big picture/long run, etc. Very cool I can see how well thought it this all was! Hoping for a great litter that will, without a doubt, produce plenty of promising puppies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site