Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Little sister.
I probably should've guessed. What a beautiful face!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Felurian

You know, they really need to take the Mastiff part out. I tried hard to see a tiny bit of Mastiff, but I can't find any at all. There may be some kind of hound-y type dog - probably a real duke's mixture - in there somewhere because she's certainly unique. Maybe even an Aussie from the look of that snoot and the ears. Labelling her part Mastiff is probably going to make her harder to adopt. She's got the look of a pup well over six months, too, so I would doubt she's going to get all that huge.

She's a real doll-baby. I can see why you want her so much. Mikey just had to show his butt, hmmm!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 10:23 AM

You know...maybe Big Dog has something there...our Mikey may have sensed something you couldn't. So, we're all thinking 'hey, what's up with Mikey'....when really, HE is the guy in the know on this situation. Especially if Mikey doesn't usually act this way. Anyway, hope you're not still sad today, Saje!
Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

pet finder is how I found victor. I am sorry this didn't work out for you and for her. Mary is like that too. Some people and some dogs, for no apparent reason she takes a serious dislike to. That is why she couldn't be a visitation dog with Bronki. I trust mary in her judgement tho..maybe your dog knew something that you didn't, harsh as that sounds.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Hey, I don't like everyone I meet, either. And sometimes I dislike them immediately. I think Mikey's got a right to his opinion, even if he was being a butt.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Felurian

I can just picture Mikey walking around the house muttering, "I'm the baby - ain't gonna be no 'little sisters' - girl dogs are yucky - 'fix' my bad self and THEN try to bring a girl home - NOT HAPPENIN' PEOPLE!"

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Island dweller

Ah. Mikey he is the baby. Leaves Maverick out sometimes but Maverick makes up for it by not letting him in the bedroom. Drama! LOL

I'm not that sad anymore.

I asked about the mastiff, Renee, and they said that whoever dropped her off new the background of the parents. Not too sure about that. They don't listen to me.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:28 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Bronki met literally thousands of people at city market without ever disliking anybody...so one day when we dropped off the car to be fixed I thought we would walk home and get some ice cream on the way. I bought both of us a cone and we had just finished up when a old woman started walking towards us. She had a big bag held in front of her. The one and only time he ever did this, but every hair stood on end, he lowered his head and let out a belly growl that meant business..I stepped in front of him and covered his head with my body until she passed..what do you think she had in that bag? If they could only tell us..my son thinks I am nuts cause I sit and try to open my mind..I am sure that I have a mental block that keeps me from "hearing" what they say..if I could only open my head I could know....I think we are the one's that have the developmental delay there..dogs rule in the knowing department
Old 02-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Felurian

I think you can 'hear' them best when you're at that funny stage between waking and sleeping - that conscious, material mind is off guard. I took a class one time that taught us how to 'lower' our brainwaves to the alpha wavelength. It's amazing how much more receptive you become when you lower the frequency, so to speak.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Is that why sometimes when I am stroking their fur, or massaging their necks..just being together I can feel myself "sink" a little. almost like when you are falling asleep..only without the sleep?