Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Top Dog

Bristol is the worst for matting I have to be so careful, harnesses are the worst! She is kept in a modified cocker spaniel clip, short all over but her legs, ears and tail lol.

Diesel wasn't clipped very much as a pup so he had wonderful coat, it hardly matts at all!

If you can get your hands on a Matt Zapper I highly recommend one they are awesome!
Old 03-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Active Pup

Yeah, I keep Sam in at about 1/2 in of hair on his body most of the time because I won't give up the harness. He chokes himself too easily, the doofus. I've drooled over the Les Poochs brushes forever, but it hasn't been in the budget lately.

A little more back on topic - I know some of the coat advice for Lagotto is to leave it alone except for some scissoring - letting it felt, basically - and shaving them down 2-3 times a year. I think that'd drive me crazy... I guess a 'correct' coat on them must not mat to the skin, huh? I'd be more comfortable keeping mine combed out and then wetted to get the curls back.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Top Dog

Ya me too, I like to bath them and do different clips it's fun lol.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Big Dog

This breed is one of my top possibles for Next Dog. There's one that does nosework up here, and I was able to meet her at an ORT. She seemed calm and was just doing her thing, but after I got permission to meet her, she was all about me. So stranger friendly, but not initiating contact with strangers. My kinda dog.

Her owner said she is very cuddly, and more active than she is used to (I think she has Rots.)

They are really great dogs from what I can see. Good size, high activity and trainability, good health, long lifespans, etc.

*Scout* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Feivel* - 2yo Lineolated Parrot
*Poe* - 8yo Bare-eyed Cockatoo
*Maiya Rose* - 1yo Shelter Kitty (AKA: The Amaiyalator)

~Always with me in my heart~ *Sabrina* Best little cat ever: 10/27/92 - 9/25/12
Old 03-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Top Dog

This is what I have been reading about them as well. Over all they don't have as many health issues as poodles, they are a great size and versatile. I would love to get one to show then do agility with, maybe obedience and rally as well.