Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Camera people!

I need to upgrade. I've been trying to hold off till after I move and I probably will (move time should be summer. Starting to look next month). I definitely want new camera prior to new puppy though.

Right now I have a Nikon D90 and a Nikon D60. I need something better and have been looking at the D5100 and the D7000 and D7100. Suggestions? thoughts? What do y'all have? I want to stay with Nikon just for lens sake. I'm not sure about price point but I just need a body and no lenses. Maybe $1500 ideally? Could go up some though.

Also, thinking about buying online but wondering what sites were good/reputable. I got my last camera from best buy.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I need to upgrade. I've been trying to hold off till after I move and I probably will (move time should be summer. Starting to look next month). I definitely want new camera prior to new puppy though.

Right now I have a Nikon D90 and a Nikon D60. I need something better and have been looking at the D5100 and the D7000 and D7100. Suggestions? thoughts? What do y'all have? I want to stay with Nikon just for lens sake. I'm not sure about price point but I just need a body and no lenses. Maybe $1500 ideally? Could go up some though.

Also, thinking about buying online but wondering what sites were good/reputable. I got my last camera from best buy.
I would say definitely don't go D5100...it wouldn't be an upgrade from your D90.

I went from D5100 to D7000 and there's a huge difference. I love the D7000!! If money wasn't a concern though I probably would have gone D7100, just since it's newer.

I got my D7000 used for $600 so I would imagine you could find a D7100 for $1500 easily.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Got Floof?

Honestly I dont advise upgrading the body unless you are going full frame. There is nothing a newer camera is capable of that your current camera isn't. Just IMO. Unless you have taken more than 100,000 pictures anyway. That is the number they are usually good for.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-02-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm All Ears

I've taken a lot. It's got some major issues at any rate. To the point I think it's time to replace vs repair.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I use a D5100 and personally love it. I would kill for a D7000 though. For what I can afford though the D5100 is great.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I've taken a lot. It's got some major issues at any rate. To the point I think it's time to replace vs repair.
Yeah, if it's having issues then disregard my input! Nobody likes a broken camera :P

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-02-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah I think it's just about time. Sadly. Picture quality is steadily getting worse, it doesn't scroll either and it is having some big issues with the focus.