Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

YAY trick of the week!

We haven't done backwards figure eights, so I think we'll work on those. I don't have a camera at the moment so I'm going to have to see if my laptop can do it.

I might also revisit forwards weaves with Yarrow, though I totally have the same problem as krissy! Tall dogs, man...
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM
such sights to show you

Squash did learn this at one point but I decided to brush up on it. Last night I accidentally marked too soon and he decided I meant he was supposed to go about halfway under a leg and stop. It was... awkward.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Top Dog

Ok, here's the first attempt at reverse figure eights with Onyx.

And Yarrow, lol! We have some weaving, and then I decided to try luring some reverse weaves with him as well, which is so incredibly awkward with such a tall, long dog...my arms aren't long enough!

Also a little blooper at the end, he got stuck halfway through a weave.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Top Dog

All you people with tall dogs rock. I always hear that excuse in my tricks class and now I can show them PROOF that you can do this trick with a tall dog!

All my dogs have all of these leg weaves. Backwards, forwards, skipping, figure 8's in every direction. So what I'm working on is a little sequence with Zinga. Dog catch with me dropping her directly into a leg weave. Sounds easy, but the way I have to drop her is actually pretty tricky. I'll get video soon, we just started working on it today.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-26-2014, 04:25 PM
The Monster.

Great job, big dog people. Onyx looks like she'll be coming along wonderfully soon. And Yarrow :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
All my dogs have all of these leg weaves. Backwards, forwards, skipping, figure 8's in every direction. So what I'm working on is a little sequence with Zinga. Dog catch with me dropping her directly into a leg weave. Sounds easy, but the way I have to drop her is actually pretty tricky. I'll get video soon, we just started working on it today.
Can't wait to see this. My weave routine is a bit stale. It's normally something like spin, backwards weave, send around to forwards weave, spin. I'd love to spice it up a bit but to date I've not really thought about how.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
This video is from 2012, so it's pretty old. Here's Cohen's backwards weaves. I think she's improved a lot since then and is doing it fluently on verbal only. I'll hopefully record a video of where we're at now soon.

I'm not sure what I'll work on. I don't think we have a backwards figure-8 yet.

Oh! I never thought about doing them dog backwards while walking forward!

Loved the Yarrow blooper! haha

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Skipping. I feel like that would be a face plant waiting to happen for me.

Here she is... miss Kili. She's driving me nuts. It's -20 out and I forced Summit to brave the cold to go out for about 20 minutes to let Kili run. Then Summit kept trying to run home from the park so we went back to drop off Summit and then I took Kili back for another 15 minutes. Then we came home and worked on: rebounds, sit pretty, crawl, paw, leg weaves. And she's still being a total idiot. [sigh]

Cute outfit, Kootenay. Looks familiar. lol Love Yarrow's weaves, and Onyx is doing so well! I feel like if I tried to lure in reverse Kili would just try to jump up.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 02-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
All you people with tall dogs rock. I always hear that excuse in my tricks class and now I can show them PROOF that you can do this trick with a tall dog!

It was hilarious when you were trying to do this at the disc date. For the record. Also, WHO IS SUPPOSED TO TEACH ME DISC THINGS NOW?!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
such sights to show you

Hopefully we can get to the smooth, smooth point where I don't look like I'm trying to stomp a tiny city into oblivion.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:26 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Everyone is already looking great!

Here's where I'm at with Jari. I shaped this and the lure was supposed to be the cue, but I think I want to work on making the gesture smaller and the whole thing more smooth. And I never thought of walking forwards while he is going backwards. I think that might be our finished product.

And here's Kimma LOL. She's crazy. I think I just want the same for her - smoother from one leg to another and less lure. I lured her while learning this trick.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)