Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Default Phone Plans!

What kind of phone plan do you have? How do you like it/how's the service? I'm trying to decide if I should switch carriers...I need a new phone and there are a lot of incentives right now if I switch, but then again I'm not unhappy with my current carrier (Virgin Mobile).

Old 02-25-2014, 02:40 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I have an I phone 4 with at&t and I do like it it I played with a friend 's samsung galaxy the other day and from what I saw of it ..: I like it! Android has changed a lot since I had one before.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Puppy Dog

I can't imagine switching away from Virgin Mobile, at least not to any of the big carriers. I was so happy to get out of my contract, and every time a friend renews their contract I just shake my head - especially if they have Sprint, because they use the same towers lol.

When I need a new phone, I may seriously look into Republic Wireless. One of my friends has it and is happy so far. It runs largely on WiFi as opposed to network towers, so it's significantly cheaper than even Virgin. Not going to go out and spend $300 on a new phone (they only have one, but it seems really nice) when mine is still functioning, but once it starts being a PITA...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Top Dog

Ben and I have Verizon & share the 1 GB data

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Professional Nerd

I have unlimited data on Verizon. They don't offer that anymore. I'm holding off on an upgrade as long as possible. I might outright buy a MotoX Developer edition since they aren't too spendy. I can't decide.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 PM
<----Thanks Allie

^^I remember the days of unlimited data! I had that for AT&T... they basically wouldn't let you get a new phone AT ALL without signing a new contract though. /sigh.

I now just use my old iphone 4 on the net10 wireless plan. The service is nothing to write home about and there basically is nothing in the way of customer service... but the plan is inexpensive. My phone won't play youtube on the wireless and pages update pretty slowly.... but I still have talk, text, and web for half of what my AT&T bill was and it piggybacks off their towers so I have the same coverage map.

The SO has At&t still and I'll likely go back when I finish school. In this area I can use just about any phone service and would be tempted to get TMobile because they're cheap and the CEO seems to actually be a decent guy... but I travel to areas where the only serivce is verzion or At&t a lot.

I also like that Tmobile is changing the way other companies contracts operate too. They're getting better for the customer, still hate contracts though. haha. I'm actually tempted to just buy all my phones outright to not have to deal with them.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:52 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I wish I could drop AT&T but here they are the only company who gets signal out where my parents live

Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I have a plan with one if those small, local/big city carriers. Unlimited data/text/calls. It's fantastic.

And not helpful. LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I have sprint. Unlimited everything. Unlimited Calls start at 6 and unlimited nights/weekends, we share minutes during the weekday but I don't remember how many.... I just know we never ever come close to going over

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 02-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Wild At Heart

I'm with Verizon. We have unlimited data and text. We share 500 minutes (there are 4 phones on the plan) and have free nights/weekends.

I have an iPhone 4. My mom has an iPhone 5 and my sister has an iPhone 5s. My dad just has some kind of Samsung, I think (nothing fancy though, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I have unlimited data on Verizon. They don't offer that anymore. I'm holding off on an upgrade as long as possible. I might outright buy a MotoX Developer edition since they aren't too spendy. I can't decide.
Don't ask me how, but my mom has gotten at least 2 upgrades and we have still kept our unlimited data!

But she has also gotten Apple to fix 4 or so iPhones that were out of Apple Care (or not even purchased from Apple, instead Ebay)... for free. She has a way with words and people, I guess lol.

Harleigh <3