Feists

elegy

overdogged
Is anyone here knowledgeable enough about Feists to tell me if Ham could legit be one? "Mountain Feist" is what is on his paperwork from the vet who saw him initially in NC, but we just don't see Feists up here, so I am unfamiliar with the type.

Not that it matters, particularly, I'm just curious. Plus, you know, flyball Multibreed.

I look on the internet and find dogs like this one

SQCH CH Kentucky Jody and I'm like omg that's Ham in a girl body.

BostonBanker

Try looking for hunting forums and asking there, maybe? I did that with Meg, once I stopped laughing about "Mountain Cur" (which I assumed was a made-up breed), and found one where people were even able to agree on which lines she was probably from. They were actually super nice.

Most certainly looks to be (and if you got her down here in NC it is probable) Feist its self is a type much like curs you can have a feist that is purebred or a mixed bred feist.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I don't know the first thing about Feists, but they look pretty similar to me. Seems like there are a lot of those "types" of dogs in the SE and Appalachia... Mountain Curs (Meg!), Feists (I would absolutely buy into Ham being one), Carolina Dogs (Kim's foster mom still swears Kim is one. I can see it but I suspect there's some generic farm collie influence in there too. Who knows), etc.

In any case, Hambone is a fine-looking dog. Very handsome in fact :)

elegy

overdogged
I think he's pretty handsome, too. He's a little soft, but otherwise he's got a great temperament. Great off switch. And he is SO snuggly.

I really love having a small dog.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
It is very hard to resist posting a picture of Feist on a hill, ha.

Anyhow, the resemblance between him and the dog posted is striking, so I could definitely see it. He looks like an awesome little guy!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
LOL I ran across KY Jody when looking for Snipe lookalikes, myself.

It seems like a lot are docked and have a more rat terrier type build, which is why I call Snipe a Cattle Dog/Feist.

I say register Ham as a Feist for Multibreed purposes. ;)

Torch

I could definitely see some Feist in there. There are quite a few around here.

His color is sort of uncommon, they're usually marked more like a rat terrier, lots of white and spots, but otherwise he looks similar.

Members online

No members online now.