Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

Zander weard his choke chain + rabies + chip ID tag 24/7.

He is too fluffy for regular collars or nameplate collars. Sadness. His fun ID tag is ALWAYS in the works and never actually gets ordered. Because we are always moving.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
...His fun ID tag is ALWAYS in the works and never actually gets ordered. Because we are always moving.
Have you thought about just getting it with your cell phone number and no address?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
Have you thought about just getting it with your cell phone number and no address?
I have never been able to have one with an address... too much of a nomad lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

Considered it, but my phone changed, was going to change when we went to Italy, then we didn't go to Italy, then I was supposed to get new number/plan, then kept it, now I don't know if it is actually changing or not.

Depends on Jin and Verizon's opinion of divorcing couples who don't want to have to pay for a new plan.

At the very least, I can keep his chip UTD all the time because it is online. So it is current.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Top Dog

Everyone (including the cat) wears collars with just Boomerang tags. We don't have to license here, and I have successfully lost 2/3 rabies tags, and the cat is not current on hers.

The Boomerang tags have their name, my cell number, my moms cell number, and "If I'm alone, I'm lost" on them. I love, love, love Boomerang tags. These are the first tags that don't get all scratched and unreadable after a year or so - I've had these ones for 2+ years and they look brand new!

Everyone except Heidi is microchipped. I've been meaning to get that fixed, but the cat has taken over recently in the veterinary department. Eventually.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Show Dog

Jubel has his collar on close to 24/7. His collar has a county liscense and a boomerang tag with his name, my address, and my cell number. I don't keep his rabies tag the county liscense serves as the same thing, ie can't get liscense without rabies being UTD.

Thinking about getting a fun tag but not sure I want to deal with the jingling. The county liscense is the only thing hanging and it doesn't really jingle on its own.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Resident fainting goat

Speaking of this came in today..
sometimes I'm like "man they are so expensive ugh I don't know.."
and then I order a few off etsy that are like $12 and break or scratch or just fall apart

and then I find myself right back here lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:01 PM
overdogged

Mine just wear their nametags (Fetching Tags for Luce, and the BCs, Maddog Metalworks for Ham). I do have Steve's lifetime license, rabies tag, and I think microchip tag in one of those tag-silencer bags on his SD vest, as well as a copy of his rabies certificate in the pocket.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?