Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

The only collar that has tags on it is Lars' therapy dog one...that has his Therapy dog tag on it and a name tag.

The boys are microchipped but their collars don't have tags on them. I'm always rotating collars on them and in agility, collars shouldn't have tags on them for safety reasons anyway. The only time they wear collars are when they are off the property. Most of the time they are off the property, they are a) confined to crates in the car, b) at training, c) at a show, d) at the beach where for the most part they are on flexis while swimming.

I can't keep tags on their collars for some reason, Lars has lost more tags than I can count. Ocean had a cool one on his collar and it lasted 2 weeks and it vanished without a trace. I gave up with tags a couple of years ago.
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RA NJC TN-N HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 02-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Resident fainting goat

Another note, I was totally all for collar nameplates...I've found that because Merlin is so fuzzy, I would worry about people not being able to see it or not checking the whole collar thoroughly and me having a heart attack somewhere so now his tags are dumb-dumb proof
Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Top Dog

City license tag
Identification tag
Rabies tag

He never wears his collar though... even when I had the jingling sort of under control with tape I just didn't like the collar being on.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Wookie Collie

Finn only wears his Fetching Tag, but in the colder months I also have a NiteIze light on him for nighttime walks.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

ID tag with her name and my number (a couple of her tags have both my and my mom's # on them) on the back and a tagline on the front. She wears her collar and ID tag 24/7. When we're out she has her rabies and microchip tags on her harness.

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 02-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Top Dog

Recon wears his Mad Dog Metalworks tag, because it's cute.

I don't put tags on anyone else unless I find a cute one or we're on vacation or they're in someone else's care - they get licenses/ID (name & my number) and rabies tag on at that point.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

Smiley wears a name tag with my number on it, his rabies tag, his microchip tag, and night light on his collar. I also have a tag on his harness with his name and "microchipped" on it.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:52 PM
The Monster.

I'm bad. In the rare event that Cohen is wearing a collar, it only has one tag on it. It's a Fetching tag. On one side it has her name and my cell, and the other side says "still flying".

Mega goes without tags/collars most of the time too. I have a tag with the Decepticons logo on it with her name and my husband's cell on the other side.

I don't like jingling, so I keep it as minimal as possible.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 02-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

Gambit wears his rabies tag and his "Psycho" name tag. Though I think we're getting a new name tag that says "Coyotes Do it in the Bushes". Love Dogtagart.com for my tags
Gimmick has his name tag and his microchip tag. We lost the rabies
Lady Chesh has just a name tag that says "Wide Load". Shes inside only, but she might escape.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Just a Fetching Tag, we're not UTD on rabies and don't license with the city.
Just a heads up- if any of your gang were involved in any kind of bite issue, even defending themselves if attacked by another animal, or exposed in anyway to a rabid animal, they would have to be quarantined if they aren't vaccinated. I think the length of time varies from state to state, and you would have to pay the "boarding" fees for it. Much easier to get them vaccinated, even if they don't wear the tag (the paper work is what's important).