Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Is your dog typey?
No 7 14.58%
Yes 24 50.00%
Maybe 13 27.08%
Other 2 4.17%
grilled cheese & tomato soup 10 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Talon....No. Talon is all wrong conformationaly, I wish he was put together better Most people think Aussie mix or coyote mix LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Wanna Pet My Wiener?

Most people can tell she's a dachshund, but I do get the occasional idiot who can't tell what she is because she's at a correct weight.

She's longer legged and shorter in the body than most dachshunds. Her face is a bit snipey with a narrower head than most. Her chest is deep but not nearly as deep as most. Her eyes are larger and a little rounder than most. Her color is practically unheard of in smooths. She has a lean and well muscled frame without being bulky. She carries her tail high. No roman nose.

She has the ideal short, very tight and smooth coat. Perfectly sized feet. Correct scissor bite. Great pigmentation. Correct jut to the keel. Nearly ideal ear set for miniatures.

The Watchmen "Pike"
Blue merle Miniature American Shepherd puppy

Dachshund Nola: Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie
http://dachshundnola.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Aussie Obssessed

Hawkeye and Lark are both very typey, Kechara on the other hand looks like a Sheltie mix and is an awful example of an Aussie even if she is a pretty dog in general.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Yeah, I think so. Obviously she isn't well bred, but the majority of people can tell she's a Boxer. She's got decent angulation in the rear, though I think she's longer than she is tall and they are supposed to be more square. VERY narrow in the front.. she's got like no chest. Nice head with a moderate nose. I don't know how tall she is. I think she's above average weight for a female at around 60 pounds. Nice deep chest, nice tuck. She's got a good gait and correct markings and color. Her temperament is spot on for breed standard, though she could use more drive in real life.

Do I think she'd win anything if she were able to show? No. Do I think she's pretty and like a Boxer? Yes. She wiggles her butt and is full of energy with a great off switch, fabulous with kids and very correct with everything she does minus being a little reactive at times.

Random Google images:

Nub:

DSC_0672 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

DSC_0555 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Definitely has muscle tone.

DSC_0467 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

(ps, my dog is too pretty and I'm restraining from putting ALL TEH PHOTOS in)

AHA! Here's a somewhat decent stacked shot. She's definitely built more evenly than a lot of the conformation lines. Many of them are built very uphill for some reason.

DSC_0561 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Gait:

DSC_0687 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

There are so many comments I want to make, but I have time for one, and that is Harlow is one of the prettiest boxers I've seen. I like her moderation.

Last edited by Whisper; 02-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Top Dog

I think she's got a much more attractive head than most show bred boxers
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I kind of want to get a stacked picture of Abrams so I can have someone look at him and tell me how he's put together. I have no idea what I'm looking at. However, a stacked photo of him is a two person job and there is only one me. Maybe I'll have a sibling help me if I take the dogs with me for lunch on Sunday. Or smear peanut butter on something. Hmmmmm.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
There are so many comments, I want to make, but I have time for one, and that is Harlow is one of the prettiest boxers I've seen. I like her moderation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I think she's got a much more attractive head than most show bred boxers
Aww! Thanks guys!

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Not a Border Collie

There is a ton of variety in ESs. Quinn is within standard and recognizable as an ES, but I wouldn't call her the most typical ES, if that makes sense. There are certainly lots of other dogs that look like her, but in general she's a little different. She's about 42 pounds, which isn't terrible uncommon in bitches, but because she's pretty tall at a bit over 21", she's built quite lean without being light on bone. She also has less coat than many English Shepherds (I wouldn't mind a little more - she is in full coat in the picture). Personally, I quite like her type and will seek out another "smaller" dog next time. Everyone has different opinions, but personally a 65+ pound dog would not suit my needs as well as Quinn does.

DSC_0720 by Charlotte_L, on Flickr

People tend to often think she's a Border Collie (including sport and BC people) but people familiar with the breed have recognized her as an ES. I can understand BC guesses but I think she definitely looks like her breed.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 02-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post

DSC_0555 by sinnerinspurs, on Flickr
So pretty!! I agree, I find Harlow much more attractive than many show bred Boxers I see!

Quinn - English Shepherd