Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
There are a lot of cheesy shows I like, but Doctor Who- could not handle the cheese. And the acting. . .maybe better left unsaid.
I think for me it depends on the show. Like Psych is really cheesy... but it's supposed to be. It's a comedy.
Pretty sure Doctor Who isn't intended to be that way though. =P
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,793
Default

I guess GoT is the only one I'm geeking out over now, but I was pretty seriously into Rome, even though I started when it was cancelled.

GoT though. I mean I really like it but I find it a bit cheesy and unnecesarily dramatized at times and I resent that. Really I geek out over the books and the show is just kind of an awesome extra. TWOW would be nice though!!!

I'm trying to find a simple medieval fantasy series. I'm giving Merlin a try. This urge was actually inspired by seeing a bit of Once Upon A Time on TV. Not sure that's the right one for me though. Cheesy is OK in this case. If there was a TV series of A Knight's Tale I would be alllll over it.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 29,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
The Red Viper and Ellaria were perfectly cast. I feel like he's going to portray Oberyn very well, and that makes me so happy because I love the Martells + the Dornish. Episode 4 of Season 3 was epic, but I feel like Season 4 is going to be one of the most exciting seasons of the series.
I'm almost to season 3 of rewatching! Episode 8 of season 2 and it's just as good as I remembered. I've only watched season 3 once.

Benedict Cumberbatch is just a really strange looking person. Just weird looking.

As far as what I'm excited about in GOT.

SPOILERS

Lady Stoneheart reveal. And you know.... all the deaths.
__________________
Mia CGC - (5 year old Papillon)
Summer TG3 TIAD - (10 year old Papillon)
Hank - (approx. 10 month old Spotty Dog)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-10-2014, 04:25 PM
speedydogs's Avatar
speedydogs speedydogs is offline
Allons-y!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I'm trying to find a simple medieval fantasy series. I'm giving Merlin a try. This urge was actually inspired by seeing a bit of Once Upon A Time on TV. Not sure that's the right one for me though. Cheesy is OK in this case. If there was a TV series of A Knight's Tale I would be alllll over it.
I love Merlin! It's super, super cheesy and the first two seasons especially have some pretty terrible special effects, but if you can get past that it's a fun show to watch.

ETA: I agree that Benedict Cumberbatch is a strange looking individual. I don't really get the appeal.
__________________

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,221
Default

I actually stopped partway through the first episode of GoT the first time I watched it, which kind of blows my mind now. It seemed bad. I had even read the books! I think maybe it was because we were watching a really low-res version and you miss a lot of the goodness that way. Anyway, tried it again a while later and OMG awesome.

Quote:
Mostly though I fall hard for books over shows. And generally am very not happy when my favorite books turn into shows/movies, especially if they gain a huge show/movie-only following. I'm not sure why it bothers me so, but it does.
I totally get this. I do appreciate a good adaptation of books that I love, but there is always a part of me that doesn't like "sharing" when it gets really popular!

I know I've brought it up a few times before, but my favourite EVER book series Outlander is being made into a TV show coming this summer. It is as perfect as it could possibly be - amazing cast, huge budget, everyone working on it is completely committed to staying true to the books, the author is heavily involved, we get 16 hour long episodes just for the first book, etc. I am unbelievably excited to see it brought to life. But also it's going to be weird to have it get super popular, which I'm quite certain is going to happen. But, it'll also be nice to have more people to geek out with! It will be hands down my biggest obsession, by far. Sorry Game of Thrones.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I actually stopped partway through the first episode of GoT the first time I watched it, which kind of blows my mind now. It seemed bad. I had even read the books! I think maybe it was because we were watching a really low-res version and you miss a lot of the goodness that way. Anyway, tried it again a while later and OMG awesome.



I totally get this. I do appreciate a good adaptation of books that I love, but there is always a part of me that doesn't like "sharing" when it gets really popular!

I know I've brought it up a few times before, but my favourite EVER book series Outlander is being made into a TV show coming this summer. It is as perfect as it could possibly be - amazing cast, huge budget, everyone working on it is completely committed to staying true to the books, the author is heavily involved, we get 16 hour long episodes just for the first book, etc. I am unbelievably excited to see it brought to life. But also it's going to be weird to have it get super popular, which I'm quite certain is going to happen. But, it'll also be nice to have more people to geek out with! It will be hands down my biggest obsession, by far. Sorry Game of Thrones.
There are so many books I've read that I would be squealing so loud if they were made into a movie or TV show. Especially (no guilt) all of my favorite YA novels I love. Seriously, if anyone took any of Tamora Pierce's books and made them into a movie/TV show I would NOT be able to contain my happy.

There is always the fear of it being done badly but, oh well. I would be fangirling up a storm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
There are so many books I've read that I would be squealing so loud if they were made into a movie or TV show. Especially (no guilt) all of my favorite YA novels I love. Seriously, if anyone took any of Tamora Pierce's books and made them into a movie/TV show I would NOT be able to contain my happy.

There is always the fear of it being done badly but, oh well. I would be fangirling up a storm.
OH MAN I LOVED THOSE BOOKS! Seriously, was definitely obsessed with them for a long time in my younger years.

I have seen a few adaptations that weren't exactly satisfactory, but thankfully most of my favourites I've been fairly satisfied with.

I've been waiting for Outlander to get picked up for a while (the first book came out more than 20 years ago). But I am actually glad it didn't happen til now, Game of Thrones kind of paved the way and it's SO much better it's being done as a TV show rather than movies. Way too much cutting would have to happen for a movie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Linds's Avatar
Linds Linds is offline
Twin 2
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
OH MAN I LOVED THOSE BOOKS! Seriously, was definitely obsessed with them for a long time in my younger years.
YES!! Seriously, I was not a reader at all, hated it and then I read Harry Potter and loved them but still wasn't down with the whole reading thing. Got The Lioness series and devoured them and moved on from there. Love them and whenever I get bored or nostalgic I have to go re-read my favorites.

I mean, two of my main loves in books are girls pretending to be boys and well done talking to animal ones. So yeah, two series practically made for me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
YES!! Seriously, I was not a reader at all, hated it and then I read Harry Potter and loved them but still wasn't down with the whole reading thing. Got The Lioness series and devoured them and moved on from there. Love them and whenever I get bored or nostalgic I have to go re-read my favorites.

I mean, two of my main loves in books are girls pretending to be boys and well done talking to animal ones. So yeah, two series practically made for me.
I need to reread them! I haven't read them since I was probably 12 or 13. And my dad just found them all in his shop and gave them to me, clearly it is time for a reread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Xandra's Avatar
Xandra Xandra is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydogs View Post
I love Merlin! It's super, super cheesy and the first two seasons especially have some pretty terrible special effects, but if you can get past that it's a fun show to watch.

ETA: I agree that Benedict Cumberbatch is a strange looking individual. I don't really get the appeal.
Yeah so far the dude has moved a bed by squinting at it. It was pretty bad.

Also, the windows were solid wood on the inside and glowing from the outside.

But that's alright lol As long as there are adventures and horses.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site