Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM
Top Dog
Default What do you wear at a wedding?

Alright we're going to a wedding in December. I've been to weddings in the past but it was two of them and it was 15+years ago and I was overweight so I basically wore a skirt and a shirt.

Now I can wear something nicer, but I'm completely clueless about what people typically wear for those events (plus it's going to be chilly probably, even if it's in TN). It's one of my brothers in law's wedding. I have a couple nicer dresses but they're Summer dresses and one of them is black, so probably not a good idea.

Help? I need something for Lisa too (she's 7.5). At least my son is going to be easy, lol.

Also don't want to spend too much...
Old 08-31-2015, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

Honestly, wedding attire varies A LOT. You can wear something like a nice sundress or tea dress to an afternoon out door wedding up to being undressed in anything short of a formal evening gown for a black tie evening wedding. It depends on the kind of wedding they're hosting.

The invitation should give some idea. If it doesn't have a dress code on it, you can decipher by how fancy the invite is and the time and venue of the wedding. Earlier weddings tend to be more casual.

The last two weddings I went to I wore a dress I paid $20 for at Forever 21, but it was a floor length empire waist dress that would have looked out of place at any other event like a shower or something. I think these weddings started around 6pm, and both were held at wedding halls, so not crazy fancy but not casual.
"My favorite color is green, green like newly cut grass. When it comes to green with envy, though, you can stick it up your @ss!" ~ Grammy
Old 08-31-2015, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

I usually just wear a somewhat nice dress. I have one from Target that I'm comfortable in and it looks nice. I think I wore it to a chilly wedding once and just threw a cardigan over it once it got a little colder. I tried to put a picture of it on here but I can only find it on facebook.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Top Dog

whatever my wife tells me to
Old 08-31-2015, 06:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Pretty much just a dress. Anything you wouldn't wear to a beach and nothing MINI. Otherwise, wear whatever. You can even wear a nice pant suit but I've never been to a wedding where it was a huge deal. Just wear something you would wear for a dinner out for a special occassion. Little girls... a frilly dress. That's it lol. You don't have to overthink it. They'll just be glad you are there and not in sweatpants or jeans.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney
Old 08-31-2015, 07:06 PM
Love My Mutt <3

A long dress. Nothing fancy really, but not black. I think the dress I usually wear for those things is a light grey with pale yellow details/flowers. But I don't really remember lol
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret
Apollo: 5 year old male ferret
Summer: 5 year old female ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Something pretty, but conservative. Do your best not to "show up" the bride. The last thing she wants is people talking about the buxom brunette in the mini skirt and halter top.
When things don't go your way, stop and think, "Problem, or inconvenience?" - with apologies to Robert Fulghum
Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
whatever my wife tells me to
*like* hahahaha
Cynder, Daddy's girl Little Lab muttly and Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever
~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~

Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

I've worn black to a wedding multiple times and I've seen a lot of other people wearing black. White is a no, but black is okay.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Whether black is okay or not is regional. :]

I'd just wear something that was conservative enough that I wasn't going to offend anyone's grandma, while still looking pretty. I wouldn't wear jeans or a white dress, and because I'm a weirdo like that I wouldn't wear black or solid red, either. Other than that, I'd use the venue to dictate (evening indoor wedding somewhere fancy? close-toed pumps with a formal-type fabric. outdoors in the afternoon? sandals with something a little more casual).