Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Squishy face

Default So I had the worst day today.

I stayed home from work today and was planning on a nice relaxing day with my dog, reading and maybe playing a video game. I threw some stuff in the wash (my washer and dryer on the second floor next to my room) about 3:30 and about 20 minutes later my smoke detectors start going off. I walk outside to see why and there is water coming out of my smoke detectors! Water also started pouring out of my light fixture in the ceiling and even ran through the wall into the basement. We (my roommate and I) got the water turned off and right after that my ceiling fell off! So right now I'm at my parents' house with Norris because the electricity and water are off. Tomorrow we will have a plumber over and everything and see what we can get fixed. No plumbers would come out to my house today because of all the goddam snow.

Luckily I have homeowner's insurance, so the damage will be covered. But ugh. Today sucked.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Holy crap! That's scary! Well good news is that nothing bad happened (no electrical fires or floods) and that no one was hurt.

I know it sucks but material things can be fixed, glad you and the doggies are ok!
Old 02-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Dogless

Jeez, that sounds terrifying, I know I'd start freaking out.Im happy you & your dogs are fine.

I'm glad that that wasn't anything major,& that everyone was ok.(((hugs)))

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

~A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.~