Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Sport Model Pug

Comfortflex hands down.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

I'm not sure if a comfortflex would be appropriate for a small pap tho? I know I have one for Jackson, and while I like it okay... the velcro part is kind of annoying (but Jackson has short hair, so doesn't get bothered by it) and it's literally so wide and the d-ring is HUGE, even in the small size.

Here's Jackson's in his, you can see the width, and how high it sits up on his chest (if he decides to pull for whatever reason, he will choke, which kind of defeats the purpose of a harness IMO). And he's... double Summer's size maybe? He's about 18lbs give or take.

and the d-ring that hangs and dangles on his back whenever he runs lol

(ignore the burr stuck in his hair)

It's not that I don't like them, just wanted to point out my experience with them. It's not my personal favorite harness but I do like it in the snow as it goes over his clothes, or the d-ring can easily pull thru the hole in his jackets.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Sport Model Pug

I know plenty of small dogs as well as long hair dogs that wear them just fine.

Another option is the K9 Julius ones, lots of pap people like those at agility.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Diesel wears the petite size and we have never had a problem, no matter how long his coat is.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Active Pup

Default Pap and the Pea Harness

I feel like the princess and the pea with harnesses. My Pap will pace in many harnesses. The horizontal strap across the chest, like the kind in Jackson's photo, I really wanted to work because of the easy drop over the big fluffy ears, plus they scream Super Cool Sport Dog . He paced.

That horizontal strap limits foreleg reach. I would avoid that for 'full out running.' On bigger dogs, maybe that strap rests above the shoulder. With the step-in, snap at withers style, the straps kinda wrapped around the shoulder, again limiting reach. He paced.

The puppia and the like, I found, were too broad between the forelegs and not long enough through the forelegs to rest clear of the elbow. My Pap, a male, has a deep chest. I wanted the simple, basic, H style, used-to-be-the-only-kind-PetWhatever-sold harness. They don't sell those for little dogs anymore.

I settled on a cat harness (not the figure 8) for a long time. I finally ordered the Surefit others have mentioned and I'm pleased. It is a slight struggle to pull it off over the big fluffy ears (I could open it more). No snaps around the neck to snag ear fringe. The neck part hangs in a V. No pacing!! The strap between the forelegs is adjustable. Finally! You don't have to lift and finagle any foreleg since there is a buckle for each girth strap.