a finished basement.
large garage attached or not.
polebarn if needed
LARGE deck!!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs6 View Post
A small stone cottage, heated by a wood burner. An upstairs living room/library stretching the length of the building with full length windows. An open plan kitchen/dining room with a pantry and utility room off it. 2 bedrooms, a master bedroom with an ensuite.

Outside I want a minimum of 5 stables, large tack/feed room, a hay barn and a large garage. An extra barn and a large arena would be good as well. I would want a minimum of 15 acres and some sort of water feature would be great. I wouldn't be too fussed on location as long as it has all off those things. Somewhere near mountains would be nice though.
Can we be roomies? Hahaha

I will do mine later. Gonna google for pictures lol

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

My current house is fairly close to my dream house, actually.

I want some acreage; 20+ would be good
privacy so I can't see my neighbors
view of rolling fields from the house (with some of it fenced in)
nice patio or deck in the back
4 bedrooms
2.5-3.5 baths
beautiful large kitchen with white cabinets
distressed old hardwood floors throughout
lots of windows and light
a library for all of my books
finished basement with carpet or mats for dog training and play

We currently have 9 acres with lots of privacy and a nice 4 bedroom house. I would like to put in hardwood floors and update the kitchen and bathrooms, but I can't complain too much. I do wish we had an open view of pasture and fields, instead of looking straight into the woods. Our actual yard is tiny (and I can't fence it in) because the trees start right away, and the open field area isn't really visible from the house. We have a fantastic patio out there though, and I have a library.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I really haven't thought about the actually HOUSE much. And since we won't be purchasing a house and settling down for another five years...I'm not too concerned about it at the moment.

But, I would love a house with a "beat up" rustic wood floor. Something that won't show dog scratches, is smooth, and just...awesome.

Michael doesn't like brick, so I think we decided on grey stone for the outside of the house. Whether it is all grey stone or we also have paneling, I don't know.

I want an open floor plan, with lots of wide spaces. Windows for natural light is going to be a must.

A nice kitchen with COUNTER SPACE.
A jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom.
I'm thinking 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath would be ideal.

LAND. At *least* 10 acres. More importantly, neighbors with acerage so the houses aren't stacked up on one another.
Either a fence for the dogs, or being secluded enough a fence isn't necessary.
A barn and pasture. And beef cows. And whatever other barn animal I feel like caring for.
Michael wants woods, I want grass. So the compromise is going to be a grassy front yard and a wooded backyard.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:00 AM
Got Floof?

Through my life I tell myself what I think my dream home would be. It changes moment to moment. Truth is, I'd like for all the world to be my home. I know I don't ask for much.

I'd like my home to be a large, open spaced property. In front of the house would be beautiful white sandy beaches with the ocean so clear you can see to the bottom, like in the islands.

Behind my house I'd like a long distance view of snow capped mountains, forests full of wildlife to discover and plants to see, peaks to climb. Lakes to swim in. Rivers to canoe through.

To the left I'd like the desert, with it's beautiful night starry skies, and it's striking days.

To the right I'd like the rainforest, with all it's exotic inhabitants.

I'm not asking for much.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Taxiderpy

Pretty much this somewhere in the pacific nw on acreage.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What's your image of your dream house?
Where would it be located?
What are some must haves?
Do you already live in your dream home?

My dream house would be located in British Columbia, on 5-10 acres. The property would have a creek/pond and a mountain view. I'd like it to be 2-storeys, have 3 bedrooms, and TONS of windows.

Some must haves would be:
- a master bedroom with a good sized balcony that faces the mountains
- a dog room with access to a large outside fenced area.
- a fully decked out kitchen

I hope to live in BC one day, but it really depends on if my SO can stay with his company or find a new company out there with equally awesome people and pay.
I just have to say, your dream house is eerily exactly my house, down to details like a creek and pond on the property, and a balcony off the master bedroom. Except we don't have a fenced dog area (yet, posts are in). But otherwise, pretty much exactly the same.

I am pretty content here. Ideally I would love more acreage, fields for the horses, but I'd trade it just to stay here, because I love this house SO MUCH.

Mostly I just want to reno the place a bit, we need new flooring in our bedroom/bathrooms/kitchen. New counter tops would be nice, and updating the bathrooms in general. Picking away at it.

We just put in a professional sound studio in the basement, which is kind of cool.

Hopefully adding a hot tub or maybe sauna this year!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I just have to say, your dream house is eerily exactly my house, down to details like a creek and pond on the property, and a balcony off the master bedroom. Except we don't have a fenced dog area (yet, posts are in). But otherwise, pretty much exactly the same.

I am pretty content here. Ideally I would love more acreage, fields for the horses, but I'd trade it just to stay here, because I love this house SO MUCH.

Mostly I just want to reno the place a bit, we need new flooring in our bedroom/bathrooms/kitchen. New counter tops would be nice, and updating the bathrooms in general. Picking away at it.

We just put in a professional sound studio in the basement, which is kind of cool.

Hopefully adding a hot tub or maybe sauna this year!
Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

Are there other homes in your area that are like yours?? Please say yes! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you want.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

Are there other homes in your area that are like yours?? Please say yes! Where are you located, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you want.
I'm near-ish to Nelson BC, an hour and half out of town. I'm really way out in the boonies, in a tiny tiny community. The whole Nelson area is really nice though, and you could probably find what you're looking for pretty easily. It's not exactly cheap property these days though. Out here, it's a bit cheaper, but you have to be ok with living really rurally.

This is our place

This is the view out the living room (that wall is entirely huge windows)

Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
Through my life I tell myself what I think my dream home would be. It changes moment to moment. Truth is, I'd like for all the world to be my home. I know I don't ask for much.

I'd like my home to be a large, open spaced property. In front of the house would be beautiful white sandy beaches with the ocean so clear you can see to the bottom, like in the islands.

Behind my house I'd like a long distance view of snow capped mountains, forests full of wildlife to discover and plants to see, peaks to climb. Lakes to swim in. Rivers to canoe through.

To the left I'd like the desert, with it's beautiful night starry skies, and it's striking days.

To the right I'd like the rainforest, with all it's exotic inhabitants.

I'm not asking for much.
You forgot to add the little guest cottage, in which I will be living. Permanently.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13