Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
The Mazda3 doesn't have anywhere near the cargo space as the Rav, but the CX-5 is HUGE and seats fold down flat. You can fit at least 3 60lb+ dogs back there. A customer of mine bought the 2014 Rav and a CX-5, we had them next to one another and they definitely have the same(ish) amount of space. Not that ending up with a Rav is a bad idea, because they rock.
Huh, I'm pretty sure the CX-5 is what he has. I'll have to double check on Monday. I'm looking for space with the rear seats up (I can fit both my crates behind the seats in my Rav-4) and it looked a lot smaller. I don't know him quite well enough to pull the "Hey, can I try shoving some stuff in the back of your car?" thing, so I just need to wait until I'm closer to ready to buy and go to dealers. I'd never even looked at Mazdas until people started mentioning them here, so I'm glad people talk car!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I was really interested to go see the one that is kind of comparable to the Rav-4 in size, but someone at work just got one, and it looks like the cargo space is TINY compared to the Toyota. I'm starting to think I'll just end up with another Rav-4.
Go check out the 2014 Subaru Forester. Seriously. It still has 8.7 inches of ground clearance, while the RAV4 just lowered theirs by a full 2 inches to try and improve their gas mileage. Plus, that whole "Motor Trend SUV of the Year" thing.

I like a handful of Mazdas; some of the older 6's and then of course the Mazdaspeeds. I *may* have had a hand in Nolu acquiring her new MS3
Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 AM
My dog tickles my soul

We have a 2004 Mazda3. Standard. My husband bought it new when he graduated from college.

I love the car. It's fun to drive. We've never had an issue with it aside from regular maintenance.

I hate taking it for service. It seems that everybody around here that works on Mazdas are rude, abusive people.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Go check out the 2014 Subaru Forester. Seriously. It still has 8.7 inches of ground clearance, while the RAV4 just lowered theirs by a full 2 inches to try and improve their gas mileage. Plus, that whole "Motor Trend SUV of the Year" thing.

I like a handful of Mazdas; some of the older 6's and then of course the Mazdaspeeds. I *may* have had a hand in Nolu acquiring her new MS3
This, too. I freaking love the Forester. Way better AWD system than Toyota, Honda, or Mazda, too.

And no you didn't. I WRESTLED THE KEYS OUT OF DIMA'S HANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOWROOM IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF PEOPLE. You definitely did not help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Huh, I'm pretty sure the CX-5 is what he has. I'll have to double check on Monday. I'm looking for space with the rear seats up (I can fit both my crates behind the seats in my Rav-4) and it looked a lot smaller. I don't know him quite well enough to pull the "Hey, can I try shoving some stuff in the back of your car?" thing, so I just need to wait until I'm closer to ready to buy and go to dealers. I'd never even looked at Mazdas until people started mentioning them here, so I'm glad people talk car!
Just do it! I totally did that to a random stranger for Skittledoo when I visited. "Oh hey, want to see a Scion XD? There's one. Let me show you that one." They guy was THRILLED to show off his car to two ladies.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
It is definitely high on the list; Rav-4, Forester, Escape (which I know people here seem to dislike, and I think will be too small cargo), Mazda, CR-V.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 AM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
This, too. I freaking love the Forester. Way better AWD system than Toyota, Honda, or Mazda, too.

And no you didn't. I WRESTLED THE KEYS OUT OF DIMA'S HANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOWROOM IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF PEOPLE. You definitely did not help. .
I'd been dangling that car at you since we took it in and you were all "nooo, i have a truck with acceleration problems, I don't need another car lol". Then you finally came over and saw it. And drove it.

And now it's in your driveway.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

I have an 06 Mazda 3 hatchback. Love it. My first car was a Mazda protege, also the hatchback version. I would LOVE to have what Nolu has once I'm ready to buy a new car. Sure, they're smaller than an SUV, but still enough space for me.

And the dogs love it

Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I'd been dangling that car at you since we took it in and you were all "nooo, i have a truck with acceleration problems, I don't need another car lol". Then you finally came over and saw it. And drove it.

And now it's in your driveway.
Lies. Alli heard was that it was aPOS.

I didn't even come over to drive it. I was getting a new car that I beached on your lot.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Just try me..

The mazda cx5 was on my list (I need a new car) as was the mitsubishi rvr. My dad was the business manager (after he retired from his regular job lol) for our local mazda dealership.

However I think I am going with a soul. I loved the one I drove and while its not fancy its got high safety ratings, and consumer reports gave it good marks for its class.

My poor little kia rio has been through the wringer and has been a great car, but its got some major issues and its not worth spending the money to fix it.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Show Dog

I have a new Mazda2 and love it. It's so funny, everyone here is like "your call is so small!" but having lived in the UK for almost 2 years, I just think it's average-sized (maybe even a touch roomy).