Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2014, 04:42 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Other pets I'd like except....

Play on the dog breed one!!

I'd like rats... Except I'm just over caged animals at the moment. Same goes for guinea pigs and ferrets. Maybe if I have Kiddies, just to give me an excuse.

Snake... Except my other half would disown me, he hates them LOL!! Not that that would entirely stop me. I have the set up for a baby, as I used to have a corn snake. This may happen in the future if I find a nice place to put a tank where he doesn't have to notice it much :P

Cat... Except I'm allergic and Fred would kill it with love. And chase it. I'd love a Sphinx cat oh, and other half hates cats. I do actually own a cat, technically, but she lives with my parents, is very old and completely blind

Parrot.. Except just no. Too high maintenance for me. Different kind of maintenance. Can't be bothered, but I like the idea. I'm not really a bird person.

I can see it just being dogs and fish for the most part!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-17-2014, 05:43 AM
Mutts to you

Well, we have cats, although Sis has her eye on some semi-feral barn kittens our neighbor has, they're really cute but we have five house cats now so... I dunno.
I like hamsters but any rodent would be in grave danger from the dogs and we don't really have room for a cage. I like birds (parakeets), but there's the space issue. I also like chickens - okay, I think they're funny, but I think the dogs would like a snack on the hoof even more.
A donkey is a possibility... hmmmm...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 01-17-2014, 05:53 AM
Top Dog

Reptiles of any sort - Snakes, bearded dragon, leopard or crested gecko. The two biggest issues are that I don't have a good place to keep a tank and the temperature in the house fluctuates so much, I know I would have a devil of a time keeping it a good temp. Also with snakes, I like to think I'm OK with watching them eat, but I really have to wonder if I could truly and honestly do it.

Birds, but I know that we are too busy to have birds. Instead, I'll just have some bird feeders and watch the outside birds.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-17-2014, 05:58 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Ferrets except stinky

Rabbits except I'm allergic to hay and they need it in their diet and their pee is rancid

Chinchillas except they fling their poo out of their cage all over the floor

Cats except my dad won't let me (and Violet)

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Kung Pow Fish

everything, except money. the only pet i have no interest in is birds because raging hormones and biteyness and grievous injury. everything else ill gladly have again, once i have the money to support my zoo habit. i especially miss my rats
Old 01-17-2014, 06:55 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Horses, except $$$$$

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Top Dog

I have too many already lol. I just came to the conclusion the other day that I just can't have anything else, no time and no money for it. Luckily I still have lots of room in the 40 gal for more hermit crabs, so I can still get new pets as it wouldn't change the workload, just not a new type of pet.

Not sure if I would even be interested in anything else though, reptiles and amphibians ended up not being my thing. Rats would be the only other pet I'd consider, but I certainly don't have time for a pet requiring so much interaction right now. I'm plenty happy with the gerbils, they complete my little zoo.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Horses, except $$$$$
So much this.

Also gerbils, except I'm not really interested in cage pets right now (maybe when I have kids). I had them for many years and they're fun little things.

Parrots, except I'm kind of afraid of birds and I don't have time for something that needs so much interaction. Oh, and parrots except for owning a gun dog. lol

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 01-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Top Dog

I've had chinchillas my whole childhood and they've never flung poo or anything out of the cage?? Never heard that before.

I really don't want any caged furry animals. Cleaning the cage is way too much work for an animal you can't interact with like a dog. If Lillian wanted a small pet when she's older, I would get her a guinea pig.

Horses, but way too much maintenance and cost. Perhaps if I lived somewhere with more space and could hire help.

Goats and chickens I hope to own when I own property

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

I would love to have chickens here. It would be so cool to have fresh eggs and compost building manure for the gardens. But, unfortunately, in order to have chickens in our location...you need 2 acres. We have only a 1/2 acre.
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RE SPG NJC TN-O HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC