Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

Default Are you domestic?

I'm not... like at all. lol.

I hate cleaning (but I obviously do it), I'm not the most organized person in the world (tho I am trying hard to be, and getting better)! I feel so... unnatural in a kitchen, unless it involves a microwave or a toaster oven , I pretty much do not know how to make any good meals, LOL...

I often just feel so undomesticated. I really need to start learning more....

My mom has surgery on Jan 20th and is going to be down for the count for the first two weeks, and then six more weeks of recovery but the first 2 weeks are the hardest.

Sooo even tho she's gonna be home, I have to take over Emma duties (my 6 year old sis) for 2 weeks, with the help of my stepdad too of course, but he's not the best at that kind of stuff either. Getting her bathed, hair brushed, knots combed out, getting her off the bus, AND taking care of my mom. I'm a little scared.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

No, not at all. Cleaning is not high on my priority list, which you can tell by looking around the living room. I swear I lose everything, Ben has given up and just brings me my drink for dinner because I always leave it in the kitchen. There is generally some swearing involved.

The kitchen, the kitchen is OK, but I generally live by the theory of "cooking is just heating stuff up" and throw some stuff in a pot and hope for the best.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Ahahahahahahahaha. No.

I suck at cleaning and cooking and all that stuff. I'm actually going to hire a housekeeper when I move to come in every month 1-2 times. I just.... suck at keeping up with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

You can do it!

Does your family like stir-fry? It's a really easy meal that you can make a giant batch of and freeze for later in the week.

Or if you have a blender, you can make a bunch of different soups. Soups are also very easy to make.

What kind of stuff does your mom make? Do you/she have time to maybe show you how to make a few of your regular meals?

I'm not domestic in the sense that I enjoy cleaning and cooking, but I do love I can cook and I love baking, heck, I've made a career of it, so I'm sort of domestic I guess.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Top Dog

Nope.

Ok, well I do like to clean, and I like home decor and whatnot, but I'm not so good at putting it all together. Or, I will decide to redo the bathroom, and then I go to the store and say "10.99 FOR A FREAKING SOAP DISH" and walk away and not do it .

I don't like to shop.

I don't sew or do crafts or have any interest in gardening or feeding wild birds or anything like that.

I don't mind cooking but I don't like it either.

Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Squishy face

I'm somewhat domestic. I don't mind cleaning (I spent four hours cleaning my house yesterday) and I love to cook. I don't sew though, or really shop or get into decorating (or "nesting" as my friend calls it) much.

Get a crock pot, throw stuff in it, and cook it all day. It's pretty much zero effort for great meals! www.allrecipes.com has some good slow cooker recipes. I made a chicken stew that was really good just recently. I love my crock pot.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

I love to cook and bake. I truly enjoy that part of things...

Cleaning...ehh...depends on what it is. I don't mind doing dishes. I hate cleaning floors.

Laundry is okay, but I hate putting it away when it is washed and dried...

So I guess I am so so on the domesticity

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 01-12-2014, 07:54 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

When I'm motivated to be. LOL When I'm in the mood, I enjoy cooking (and I grew up in a family that home cooked all meals from scratch, so if I have a recipe I can make it). I enjoy the accomplishment of cleaning. I like the feeling of having things organized and looking nice. However, all of those things take time and effort, and I'd rather just play a video game. I find I have a lot more drive to do things when Mike is around, because then I'm doing it for someone other than myself. Otherwise...I live like a college student.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

I like gardening, cooking and sometimes baking.

Cleaning? Noooppee.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Let it be

Not at all. I rock at being an awesome involved mom but the kids and dog are all I am good at... My house is a mess and if I didn't have a boyfriend who cooked I would convert to being a raw vegan because I hate anything to do with making food