Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
My friend, who lives in the GTA, thought I was exaggerating when I said something about "waiting until it goes down to -40" a month or so ago, not realizing that was not the normal for there. Because it's definitely normal here.

Yah. I showed them.
Definitely not normal here! This is also my first winter since we've moved to the Barrie area, which is another (colder) change. Brrrrr.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

So the other night the temperature (windchill) was somewhere at or around -40C. I don't know exactly because when I hear reports of the windchill hitting anything NEAR -30C I stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes, and start chanting "I'mnotlistening,I'mnotlistening,I'mnotlistening.. ." (Well, that's if "I'mnotlistening," sounds a LOT like George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television." routine).

Greyhounds just aren't good at obscene cold temperatures, so we dress them. PJ's, sweaters, and coats over all that. Then boots. They look funny, they look embarrassed, but they won't freeze in the time it takes them to do what they really need to do in the backyard.

Let one out, he blew his way to the far side of the yard, peed, then realized how cold his feet were. So he laid down. Out I dashed in my jammies to haul his tush in. Let the other one out and she did the EXACT SAME THING. You would have thought that I would have wised up in the interval and put on some boots... rather than my bare feet in summer crocs? Another George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television." routine moment. I don't know why they did that, but have heard from other people with different breeds that their dogs did the same thing.

Anyway, just thought I'd add this comment to the thread:

Very funny, Mother Nature.... Very funny.

(for those south of the border...)