Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

My work is closed too! Yay! -15 tomorrow, wind chills -40. Nobody needs to be outside.

I checked about two hours ago and it was at 14.5" then. The wind is starting to pick up now so it's probably drifting some. I'll check again in the morning.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Silence, peasants.

We already got all our snow / below 0 weather! I missed it because I was in NY and it was like 25 degrees there, so I can't complain. We still have tons of snow though!

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 01-05-2014, 06:40 PM
Obey the Toad.

DH just went out and ran the snow blower....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Puppy Dog

I got to try out my snow thrower this morning in my drive and my parents' drive (they're 3 doors down lol). Nifty, but then this afternoon the snow went crazy, and now you can't really tell where I did anything. It's still snowing, but there was a report that the plows out until 5am. So glad I didn't have to work today, and I'm off the next two days. Not only do I not want to drive if I don't have to, but I work on commission, so going to work when no one wants to get their dogs groomed is a giant, boring, waste of my time.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

They suspended all plowing in rural areas here but are going to keep trying to dig everybody else out in town. I'm not excited about my chances of getting out tomorrow. My co-worker has yet to text me and tell me we're not open tomorrow... but I doubt I'll be able to make it off my road without getting stuck. Cars and trucks both are getting stuck all over town here. A friend said there's a truck stuck out in front of her house, the driver couldn't get it out so they abandoned it with the flashers on and now it's getting covered by drifting snow. The drifts are really crazy. One spot of my street in the center is almost bare to pavement, but it's drifted up at least a foot in other spots...

It's really just not safe to go out tomorrow... I wish he'd just text us and tell us to stay home. =/ I'm worried they'll both try to get there even if I can't get out and I don't think either of them should go.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Beanie, I'd definitely stay in if you can. It's just not worth risking your life or either damaging your car.

It's still snowing here... Just got back from clearing the driveway the 3rd time and now looking forward to the cold. Uugh.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:12 PM
LABRADERP!

And here Georgia is canceling school because it'll be a low of 16 tomorrow!!!! And all we have is cold we mud!
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 01-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Mutts to you

I don't think I'll be getting to work tomorrow either, saw a plow this morning, about 8 inches ago, and that was that. It's thirty miles to work, half on rural roads - not worth wrecking the van, or getting stranded in -30 wind chill.

This morning - the horses thought I was a bit loopy to be standing out in the snow instead of feeding them...

This morning's path to the house (from the barn), since shoveled several times today.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 01-05-2014, 07:54 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
Schools are closing all over here already. The snow here is deep enough for me to loose my puppy in it. I had to shovel her a spot so she can potty. Hopefully it stops soon, other wise I'm going to be back out there again.
I'm really not looking forward to the below zero tomorrow with out the windchill factored in.
Kevin has snowblown our drive and walks twice today...both times he blew out potty spots in the backyard for Crowley, lol Crowley is much shorter than your Phoebe....it doesnt take much snow to reach his belly haha

As far as weather...we are in official 'state of emergency' since 6pm today.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

I wish we were getting a blizzard instead of just effing cold weather! Current temp is -16 but it "feels like" -41. Tomorrow I work both jobs. Retail one will never close but if it stays this cold, I have a feeling the rehab one just might!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years