Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Top Dog

I'm clearly not handling this regeneration thing as well as I thought...

I watched "A Christmas Carol" tonight, and the Doctor said "Everything's got to end sometime, otherwise nothing would ever get started." And I was all "OH DOCTOR, NOOOO!"

(ETA: This is my first as-it-happens regeneration. Before I always had more Who to jump into and get over it. This time I get to wallow in self-pity for 8 months.)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:32 AM
Top Dog

Yep it's mine too, hubby had been trying to get me to watch it since it restarted, and I refused...until the Christmas episode 2 years ago, the tree souls one, then I was hooked .
Old 12-30-2013, 02:02 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Yep it's mine too, hubby had been trying to get me to watch it since it restarted, and I refused...until the Christmas episode 2 years ago, the tree souls one, then I was hooked .
I actually didn't care for that episode as a whole, though I always like Matt Smith with kids, and I appreciated the Androzani references.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:45 AM
Top Dog

Over all it's not a great episode, but since I was wtf do you want to watch that for I remember it from the 70's and 80's, it was pretty amazballs
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Top Dog

I just watched all the regenerations from McGann on - not just the regeneration scene itself, but the events leading up to it (so, Night of the Doctor, the final "Moment" scene though Hurt's regeneration, the last 20 minutes of Parting of the Ways, the 10.5 regen spanning The Stolen EArth/Journey's End, the last 45 freaking minutes of The End of Time, the middle bit of Let's Kill Hitler where he actually DIES, and the last 20 minutes of Night of the Doctor.) This was a 2-hour+ ordeal, not some 3-minute compilation video.

Dem Feels.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Kung Pow Fish

3 episodes in and im engrossed O_O we need a general Doctor Who thread for this forum

Saeleofu i didnt find ep 1 to be slow at all, as soon as the doctor appeared i was into it, hes so giddy and reckless and awesome. do each of the doctors have a different sort of personality? i feel like i need some backstory but i dont want to read the wiki because spoilerz
Old 12-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
3 episodes in and im engrossed O_O we need a general Doctor Who thread for this forum

Saeleofu i didnt find ep 1 to be slow at all, as soon as the doctor appeared i was into it, hes so giddy and reckless and awesome. do each of the doctors have a different sort of personality? i feel like i need some backstory but i dont want to read the wiki because spoilerz
We've had general threads before, so make one if you want I usually post a new specific thread for specials/new seasons.

Each Doctor does indeed have a different personality. I'd call 9 wreckless, yes...but not giddy. Just wait for it. He's the"The PTSD Doctor."

I went in blind, so I had NO backstory at all. I just knew I had heard of it before and had intended to watch it for a very long time, and here I was with nothing better to do. So when Eccleston's regeneration time came, I was all "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT. HOW CAN THAT EVEN HAPPEN. YES I WANT YOU TO CHANGE BACK!"

There is a huge separation between newwho and classics, both time-wise and story-wise. BUT the "wilderness years" ARE addressed in the show. Not until recently, but addressed nonetheless. It makes it blend together that much better.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
We've had general threads before, so make one if you want I usually post a new specific thread for specials/new seasons.

Each Doctor does indeed have a different personality. I'd call 9 wreckless, yes...but not giddy. Just wait for it. He's the"The PTSD Doctor."

I went in blind, so I had NO backstory at all. I just knew I had heard of it before and had intended to watch it for a very long time, and here I was with nothing better to do. So when Eccleston's regeneration time came, I was all "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT. HOW CAN THAT EVEN HAPPEN. YES I WANT YOU TO CHANGE BACK!"

There is a huge separation between newwho and classics, both time-wise and story-wise. BUT the "wilderness years" ARE addressed in the show. Not until recently, but addressed nonetheless. It makes it blend together that much better.
Same. the only context i have for this series at all is misc nerd culture things like tardis keychains, and the Rotersand song "Exterminate Annihilate Destroy"

i am GREATLY enjoying it tho. be back in another 4 or 5 episodes!!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I still don't wanna talk about it.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Top Dog

Ok so I was stalking the boards and saw this thread... maybe you all can help me with something that's really bothering me.

I loved the 50th and I loved this one, but I also feel confused and frankly disappointed because from where I stand... the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever, when it comes to Gallifrey, and maybe Moffat should make up his mind to what happened to it.

Let's see here (spoilers)

The End of Time - The Master shows up, and the Time Lords are trying to come back. The Doctor knows that they're 'stuck in a time bubble' and will destroy everything if they come back. So he puts them back in the bubble.

The Name of the Doctor - John Hurt shows up and suddenly the Doctor remembers destroying Galliffrey, which he remembered being time locked 3 years earlier....

The Day of the Doctor - ok so after all he never destroyed Gallifrey, and saved it by sending it to another universe. Fine. But then he wouldn't remember, as 10th, that it had been saved (even less locked in a time bubble), as he would lose his memory of what happened, until it actually happened. Starting to get lost there. Oh and he's very excited to go 'home', nevermind that 3 years earlier he tried to send the Time Lords where they were so they wouldn't destroy the universe.

The Time of the Doctor - he's suddenly scared of the Time Lords again and doesn't want them to come back. And he seems not to be so sure he actually saved them. Then he stays in that town for years protecting it from daleks who are attacking to make sure that the Time Lords don't come back, when apparently the Doctor had no intention of letting them come back anyway...

Sorry, but WTF is Moffat smoking? Or am I totally missing something, considering that I haven't seen anyone else that it seems to bother?