Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I'm not touching the ethics of this breeding with a 10ft pole.

As someone who screens puppy applications and has bred (co-bred) three successful litters, I will say this: People lie on applications. People put what they think you want to hear. This is why our puppy questionnaire is fairly basic. Here are my opinions on your Puppy Qnaire:

1. Asking if the buyer has any disabilities (or if anyone in the buyer's family has disabilities) rubs me the wrong way. IMO that's not an appropriate question to ask, especially not on a questionnaire.

2. I wouldn't give a breeder my vet's contact info. That may just be my personal opinion, but still.

3. I wouldn't mention the "if you're planning on breeding... will you do health testing". That belongs in the contract, not the questionnaire. At least IMO.

4. The food question comes off as a bit controlling.

5. As a buyer, I wouldn't want to give the breeder written permission to forward all of the information on the questionnaire (as it currently stands) to other breeders.
So much yhis. Seriiousl.y
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
So much yhis. Seriiousl.y
Basing this on your other post...you really are drunk, aren't you?
Old 12-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Basing this on your other post...you really are drunk, aren't you?
Oh so much drunk fun ..a whole pint+ apple pie moonshine shots, candy cane vodka shots& fireball shots. Fell asleep by 4AM& now it's 8AM ..and I'm going to agility for 2hrs. Just kill me.
And I hilariously remember neither post ..and I'm genuinely not sure how I got the spammy question thing right.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Oh so much drunk fun ..a whole pint+ apple pie moonshine shots, candy cane vodka shots& fireball shots. Fell asleep by 4AM& now it's 8AM ..and I'm going to agility for 2hrs. Just kill me.
And I hilariously remember neither post ..and I'm genuinely not sure how I got the spammy question thing right.
Bahahaha, I was wondering the same. I was only slightly drunk night before last (an appletini and a few screwdrivers) and I struggled with the questions
Old 12-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Bored Now.

I showed Zoom this thread and she read it aloud to me. With voices. It was even better than reading it on my own the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
Well then whoops, there goes the breed. I dont think you understand. there are exactly ZERO people in this breed who are health testing. if thats my requirement, right now, then nobody is allowed to breed and so sorry too bad so sad, no more Anerican Bullies.
It doesn't seem like you have any requirements for breeding.

And, as to the last bit. . . is that really a problem? I honestly feel like it isn't. I just googled a picture of the stud you want to use, and conformation-wise, I see nothing worth preserving for future generations of anything. Take a look at Kady's dogs. They're really nicely put together, healthy, athletic. American Bullies descended from nice dogs like that, and you somehow think it's an improvement? I don't understand how breeding wide, bow-legged, hulking, dysplastic dogs is an aesthetic to strive for or an improvement upon an APBT.

Edit: Certain people are displeased that I did not use the words "hippo" or "frog."

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Don't just breed your dog because it has a uterus. Please.
This.

Last edited by noludoru; 12-29-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: People who shall not be named
Old 12-29-2013, 06:12 PM
LABRADERP!

And stuff like this is why I'm glad I'm not into Bully breeds anymore. And people wonder why the bully breeds are in the state they're in with breeders like this.
10/01/2013
Gunslinger's Snowfall Banshee Scream "Takoda"
03/22/2010
Forever in my heart
Murray's Bojangles is High Rollin' "Beau"
11/03/2002-11/21/2013
Old 12-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
I breed Gotti and Razors Edge American Bullies.
Would somebody please educate me... what is a gotti/razors edge american bully?

Quote:
I strongly urge you place a deposit sooner rather than later, as four picks are already sold and I don't expect a large litter.
And since we are discussing puppy contracts.. I would highly discourage this. You want people to want a puppy because they are ready for a dog and like your breeding program... not because they feel rushed on a litter that isn't even bred

Also, I think it's a bad idea to sell puppies/give out picks/deposits on a litter that is kind of in the air.. it makes people feel pressured to get the dog (/not lose their deposit) even if in 3 years they aren't really ready/life happens.

Puppies aren't made to order. Promises, deposits, etc... are hard to keep, and frankly, I've never really liked the idea of them personally.

Quote:
total puppy price is $1500-2000
titles? health testing? puppies that will grow to poop gold? I'm sorry I just don't understand this price on dogs that are unhealth tested, proven, don't show, pups aren't leaving cropped, with a breeders first litter and a dam that has never had a litter at all.

Quote:
This is where it started for me, this beautiful funny amazing Kittypie. I will never be eloquent enough to accurately describe what this dog, and her breed, means to me.
Touching but I would really try to put more here because honestly...that isn't much to go on. Especially without titles or health testing or really anything except a few pictures and a pedigree with no titles/health testing.

If I was getting a puppy from a breeder, I would be exceptionally turned off by that tiny description. ESPECIALLY Without titles/health clearances to prove temperament/structure (not that I would ever buy from a breeder that didn't do those things).. but without them, they HAVE NO IDEA what kind of dog she is and that description says nothing.

I am not touching the ethics of this breeding. You should be health testing and the stud dog and other dogs featured in that banner just wow... there really are no words.
But the above are a few things I would fix if you were planning on going through with this.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Would somebody please educate me... what is a gotti/razors edge american bully?
They're two of the most commonly perpetuated bloodlines in the American Bully, paper-hung from the beginning as "APBTs" but all actually crosses of multiple breeds (and not just the ones the original creators of the lines claim, which was APBT and AST).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
breeders first litter and a dam that has never had a litter at all.
Oh, it's not her first litter. Her first litter was out of her bitch, Kitty, who she claimed to have been afraid of years ago due to her temperament, that her sire "Goofy Smacka" (also a structural trainwreck) was known to pass down to his offspring. Of course, after Kitty was bred, it was a "misunderstanding of her behavior." IMO, though, anyone who "misunderstands" dog behavior to the extent that they're afraid of and considering euthanizing a dog shouldn't be breeding dogs, anyway.

But it has a uterus. And it's tricolor. At least it isn't the paper-hung merle "Pit Bulls" the OP intended to start breeding originally, I guess?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

One way to look at it, if they keep breeding they way they are, colour and style is all that matters the most extreme in both, not a care given about functioning conformation, health or temperament it will not be very many more generations
Before the breed is just so much of a genetic mess that people will stop buying them. And seriously who the eff is paying that much money for dogs from unhealthy tested dogs? Besides people who have to brag about how much they spent? My nephews bully that he bought from some guy for $500 is in a hell of oat better shape then any of the animals in that banner, except maybe that unicorn.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 PM
such sights to show you

I would totally pay $2K for a unicorn, though.