Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-28-2013, 02:15 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Your questionnaire seems ok. It gives you a lot to build on for a more in depth chat.

My question is why do you say you will have "pocket" bullies available? Not being a bullie person I'm confused. To me calling anything a pocket sized screams BYB. If they are miniature would they not be out of standard?

I don't think there is anything wrong with planning the breeding. I had Jazz's breeding planned. It's not like it can't be cancelled or changed if things come up to warrant it. I would be concerned if you where breeding next month but you aren't so I'm not.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Your questionnaire seems ok. It gives you a lot to build on for a more in depth chat.

My question is why do you say you will have "pocket" bullies available? Not being a bullie person I'm confused. To me calling anything a pocket sized screams BYB. If they are miniature would they not be out of standard?

I don't think there is anything wrong with planning the breeding. I had Jazz's breeding planned. It's not like it can't be cancelled or changed if things come up to warrant it. I would be concerned if you where breeding next month but you aren't so I'm not.
There are three size classes, miniature standard and giant, but the registry calls them pocket, standard and XL, which annoys me so i try not to use those terms, i think they sound extremely unprofessional

she will be almost 2 if she goes into heat in march or april, and i refuse to have a winter litter so she gets bred either at almost 2 or 2-almost-3 which is why im saying it may get pushed back a year. just depends on her and her growth and mental development.

Beanie, theres nothing that could come up that would be a dealbreaker for breeding her unless she came up ataxia affected. everything else is not a dealbreaker and will simply INFORM me better as to breeding her progeny in the future, and what males i pick for her down the road (though tbh i already have her breedings planned, and 5 possible breeding paths for the puppies i keep for my next gen)

Saeleofu thanks for the grammar check, i didnt even notice that! XD

Sekah in what way is Beastro a hot mess?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Are you purposefully avoiding the health testing question..?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
Are you purposefully avoiding the health testing question..?
if thats what seven sins has been saying, i havent seen it because i have him on ignore

iv already stated she will be ataxia cleared prior, and then OFA for everything else as soon as shes 24 mo *eyebrow*
Old 12-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Top Dog

So if you breed her before she's two, she won't have had her OFAs done then?
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
if thats what seven sins has been saying, i havent seen it because i have him on ignore
No you don't, you answered one of the two questions I asked.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

iv already stated she will be ataxia cleared prior, and then OFA for everything else as soon as shes 24 mo *eyebrow*
I saw the Ataxia, which is nice. I didn't see any mention of OFA testing here.

Will the stud be health tested prior to breeding? Just curious because I see so many AmBully's that are never health tested, or one parent might have their hips done. I think it's something Bully breeders really need to start pushing.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
I saw the Ataxia, which is nice. I didn't see any mention of OFA testing here.

Will the stud be health tested prior to breeding? Just curious because I see so many AmBully's that are never health tested, or one parent might have their hips done. I think it's something Bully breeders really need to start pushing.
SpringerLover, thats correct

kady, i agree. even now, 15 years after the creation of the ABKC, STILL almost nobody is health testing. and believe me, i bash plenty of heads over it. when i win the lotto and am made of money, i can start throwing cash at stud owners that iw ant to use and demanding they do health testing, but until then i have to deal with what i have i have told Bacons owner that she should, and she agrees that she should, but whether she does or not is to be seen.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
SpringerLover, thats correct

kady, i agree. even now, 15 years after the creation of the ABKC, STILL almost nobody is health testing. and believe me, i bash plenty of heads over it. when i win the lotto and am made of money, i can start throwing cash at stud owners that iw ant to use and demanding they do health testing, but until then i have to deal with what i have i have told Bacons owner that she should, and she agrees that she should, but whether she does or not is to be seen.
Except... You really have no right to bash them, because you're breeding without giving a **** about health testing, too.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 12-28-2013, 04:20 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Funny. My partner and I are not "made of money" either, and still manage to title, work, and health test our dogs. And we're not even making $2000 a puppy (for what few are actually sold).