Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

This weeks episode IMO was very hard core for me. I knew it was the only option as she was dangerous and only going to further her decent into madness and probably cost them their lives.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:26 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I'm guessing none of you have read the graphic novel, eh? (I think Brattina has?)

If this week's episode was unsettling... well, they tone down the show. A lot, IMO. A similar thing happened in the graphic novel, but with different kids not in the TV show. And it wasn't Carol. It was Carl.

I can't wait until they get to Terminus. I want to see how it compares to similar events in the graphic novel.

ETA: Here's the comparison, if you don't mind comic spoilers. http://www.seattlepi.com/technology/...ad-5328988.php
I've read the comic, but I think the watered down substitutes in the show aren't enough. I'd rather they keep on going a different path, especially since the comic completely **** the bed about 10 issues ago if not more. What's going to happen is the group Daryl is with now are the hunters from the novel someone will get bitten and they will cannibalize them without realizing (I'm betting money on Bob) Glenn and Maggi reunite, and the main players defeat that group plus whatever zombies they toss in.

I definitely love what Carol has become, but every thing else.. meh and predictable.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I've read the comic, but I think the watered down substitutes in the show aren't enough. I'd rather they keep on going a different path, especially since the comic completely **** the bed about 10 issues ago if not more.

I definitely love what Carol has become, but every thing else.. meh and predictable.
I agree. The comic's path is... interesting. I dunno how I feel about it. I agree about your spoilers (which I edited out because the quote would have given it away LOL) and I hope we're right.

Do you think Terminus will have a lot of parellel to Alexandria in terms of characters and plot?

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
I agree. The comic's path is... interesting. I dunno how I feel about it. I agree about your spoilers (which I edited out because the quote would have given it away LOL) and I hope we're right.

Do you think Terminus will have a lot of parellel to Alexandria in terms of characters and plot?
I'm always disappointed because I want SO badly to like the show, and they seem to be good at pulling out an amazing episode.. after about 10 boring, awful ones! :P I think if my spoilers are right it could be a nice last two episodes.

I hope it is, especially since they've teased us with Abraham. I found Alexandria kind of dry in the comics but every week I hold out hope for something exciting. I really need a life, lol.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM

Yeah this one was awesome I like Abraham ... In a weird way. I wish they would give Michonne's actress a chance to show off her character's bad assness instead of just having her do snarly face all the time :/
Old 03-25-2014, 06:53 PM

What did you think of last Sundays episode? What do you think will happen in the season finale? What do you want to have happen?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm pretty sure Terminus is not our Alexandria but rather a trap. I think they're kind of a mix of the hunters.

If any one wants to check out the New Zealand preview, it shows a little bit more of what is going to happen next week. There is a small scene from it that dares me to dream of a Gabriel appearance? Probably wishful thinking, but I always liked that character. I also want to go out on a limb and say Maggie might be toast.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM

POSSIBLE SPOLIERS BELOW WHITE TEXT JUST IN CASE

I know that "piece of fecal matter" the leader of the hunters mentioned when they stayed at that house was rick, was it not? It will be interesting what will happen when they all converge on Terminus and what Daryl will do once he reunited with his original group. Will he side with his new "friends" or close ranks with his old group?
Old 03-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I'm pretty sure Terminus is not our Alexandria but rather a trap. I think they're kind of a mix of the hunters.

If any one wants to check out the New Zealand preview, it shows a little bit more of what is going to happen next week. There is a small scene from it that dares me to dream of a Gabriel appearance? Probably wishful thinking, but I always liked that character. I also want to go out on a limb and say Maggie might be toast.
I agree with you. I originally mused that Daryl's new group is the Hunters, but now I think that Terminus is the show's variation of the Hunters. Seems a perfect trap, not to mention cultish.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
I agree with you. I originally mused that Daryl's new group is the Hunters, but now I think that Terminus is the show's variation of the Hunters. Seems a perfect trap, not to mention cultish.
Kirkman did an AMA on Reddit and we got the usual "there will be a major character death" but he also mentioned in our speculations to remember no character is safe no matter how popular. Maggie making Glenn burn that photo just made my spidey sense tingle she could be a goner.

I still have no idea what happened to Beth. I've seen a lot of speculation that she's what is on the grill, but I also hope she got scooped up by someone who thought they were saving her from the hoard. LIKE GABRIEL.