Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-05-2013, 01:51 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Hershel's death was the one I personally didn't see coming, I found it shocking and I a actually cried out when it happened
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I knew Herschel was going to die (subbed him for another character from the comics in that scene) but I really didn't want it to happen. I loved him the best.

They'll all meet up. I think Tyreese has Judith and the girls are with him, and they'll run into Carol. They're also going to be bringing in three more comic book characters so that's neat!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:49 PM
treehugging clicker freak

We had this discussion early today, actually. lol
From strictly the show POV, some thought why Hershel? In that moment, why him and not Michonne? You know he'd want her to suffer... I have my opinions on this, but I'll share later.
I will miss Hershel. I was like but calmed down during that lame talking dead and I knew it was time. Sadface

I'm on the fence about Judith. I re-watched the episode, and the car seat was unbuckled, but there is a lot of blood. You know what happens in the comic..... But there are differences all along. I still wish Carl killed Shane....
I think it'll be interesting if Judith lives, how will they keep her quiet? Since the biters are attracted to noise. Where exactly will they go? Will there be separate story lines for a bit? Will they give us an answer about the rats? Yuck.

And the sneak preview from February... Eek... Looked like a direct scene from the comic! Can't wait ! Also can't wait for the new characters to be introduced from the comic

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been drug back up with last week's episode.

Yikes.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Top Dog

It was just so unsettling I'm sad about it. But that Brighton was amazing in her role.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Wookie Collie

I'm guessing none of you have read the graphic novel, eh? (I think Brattina has?)

If this week's episode was unsettling... well, they tone down the show. A lot, IMO. A similar thing happened in the graphic novel, but with different kids not in the TV show. And it wasn't Carol. It was Carl.

I can't wait until they get to Terminus. I want to see how it compares to similar events in the graphic novel.

ETA: Here's the comparison, if you don't mind comic spoilers. http://www.seattlepi.com/technology/...ad-5328988.php

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

I never read that far into them I guess lol.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
I'm guessing none of you have read the graphic novel, eh? (I think Brattina has?)

If this week's episode was unsettling... well, they tone down the show. A lot, IMO. A similar thing happened in the graphic novel, but with different kids not in the TV show. And it wasn't Carol. It was Carl.

I can't wait until they get to Terminus. I want to see how it compares to similar events in the graphic novel.
I have read them I knew what was coming, but I still liked the episode. I'm interested in seeing how similar the Hunters in the show are to the Hunters in graphic novels. That was an unsettling read for me lol, probably even more so than other incidents that should be more unsettling... it just bothered me, a lot. I dreamt (nightmared?) about it and everything. But that was after playing the Walking Dead Game also and 'seeing' the similar story line play out Ew. Creepy

I like comic-Carl a lot more then TV-Carl, nothing against the actor who is portraying him. When I read that part it was almost a "relief" feeling for me

Old 03-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Top Dog

I haven't read the comic, and I'm not totally crazy into the show (I actually missed the previous episode) but this episode kind of grabbed my attention, to say the least .

I don't really care for the Rick/Carl thing. Neither of them. Rick drives me kind of nuts.