Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Nintendo 3DS

Who has one? Make me feel better about wanting one lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one but I feel too old. But I want to play Pokemon and fire emblem and Zelda! And my sister, her bf, and my step brother keep showing of their DS's.

Sooooo worth it? Such a productive way to spend my Christmas bonus haha.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Love My Mutt <3

My brother has a 3ds. I can't use the 3d, gives me a migraine no matter how I set it up. My neurologist didn't seem terribly surprised, going by my last. Lol

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 11-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I have one

Dan actually got it for me and I thought it was sooooo silly, but I have to admit, it's a lot of fun to play. I love all the Mario games, donkey Kong, etc... And I can't wait to play zelda
Old 11-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I have one!! I bought the Pikachu version... if they hadn't had a Pikachu version I would have probably gone a looooooong time without buying one...

I don't use the 3D at all. It makes me feel sick. I have vertigo issues though. But it's no big deal, I don't need it for any of the games I play. I bought the latest Professor Layton game and also Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS... there are more games I want but I just can't afford to throw down $30 or $40 on a video game anymore. I'm asking for Pokemon X for Christmas!

I'm older than you are so... yeah. hahaha. Get one! I would say if you do any gaming still it's worth it. Honestly almost all of my gaming for years now has been done on my older DS.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Have it. Was totally bummed about not getting the Pikachu version, but oh well. I have Pokemon X, LoTR Lego, Harvest Moon, and Nintendogs.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I'm way older than you (38!) and when my boyfriend saw that Ocarina of Time came out on the 3DS he got the system for me. I thought he was crazy, but I really like playing it (although I use it with the 3D off almost all the time).

Go for it!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I don't have one....but my sister does, and I fully intend to steal it from her to play the new Pokemon games and Kingdom Hearts.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Top Dog

2DS plays both DS and 3DS games and does not have 3D, so that is probably a better bet honestly. It is also set up more like a tablet and therefore less prone to injury. Also much cheaper. Check your local Gamestop.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Wookie Collie

Hai, huge 3DS gamer here.

Uh, what? Too old? Most Nintendo events I attend have more thirtysomethings than kids or young adults, haha. You're never too old to enjoy video games and you shouldn't be ashamed.

The 3DS has an amazing game library now, and lots of the great games are supercheap because the system's been out a while. The streetpass feature and its related activities are really awesome, too - take your DS with you in your purse, "pass" other people and get bonuses in some games, plus play really neat mini-games that are built into the system.

I love that I can download full games into my system as opposed to having a million cartridges. I have Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon AND Ace Attorney all at my fingertips on the go, without having to carry (and risk losing) cartridges. The e-shop also has retro games and other fun stuff available.

I have a 3DS XL. Sadly it's pink, but I skinned it. I love it. I never use the 3D. Half the games I have don't really make use of the 3D either, haha. It was a limited-novelty thing and you don't need the 3D on, ever. The 3DS has way better graphics capability than the original DS, so it's still worth the dosh.

I personally would never go with a 2DS, I tried one in person at the Pokemon X/Y launch party and the screens are even smaller than the regular 3DS. ugh, pass. Nintendo designed it specifically for the younger (age 6-12) age bracket for less chance of it breaking and no fear of the 3D hurting a child's eyes. I like the XL screens, much kinder on my eyes.

If you want to know anything else, let me know! The BF and I are huge gamers, especially with 3DS. We're members of the local Streetpass/3DS game group too. Nerds are we.

ETA: For good geeky measure, here's some pics of my skinned 3DS XL. I get a lot of comments on the custom skin. It's "Volcano" by Alex Noriega. Just the right amount of girly without being too... pink.

And the crocheted cozy I made for it so it wouldn't get all scuffed up in my bag while I collect Streetpasses!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014

Last edited by AllieMackie; 11-24-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Kung Pow Fish

zomg i want the pokemon xy or zelda editions cmon extra hours this month!!!