Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-13-2014, 01:23 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Default Worrisome, or not? (Joint issue?)

Cynder is technically a senior (8 years) and recently she's started to get very sensitive when Abrams plays with her. Granted, he's an 85 pound solid wall and she's 28 pounds of daintiness, so there is a discrepancy there...but if he runs in to her or tackles her just right she SCREAMS and limps and gimps (typically on a front paw) and acts like she's dying (tail tucked, head down, slinking around, the works). 5 minutes later she's fine. No joint sensitivity, no limping, able to jump up onto the sofa or bed without any problems, etc., etc. This has happened about 4-5 times now over the past few months.

Should I be worried about an underlying injury, or just chalk it up to her being dramatic? There has never been any swelling or heat and she's always back to normal after she lays down and rests for a few minutes. I don't notice an residual "slowness" or hesitancy to walk, either.

I had her on a joint supplement for a bit, but when I ran out I didn't purchase more...maybe a good idea to start her up on one again?

We obviously try to limit Abrams' rough housing with her, and most of the time they play just fine together. But when he starts zooming around and going bonkers she's sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets plowed over.