Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 AM
Obey the Toad.

Default Household Chores-How Often?

How often do you do various household chores? Do you have a set schedule, or do you just do them as needed?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Top Dog

We do dishes after they're used, pick up things as needed and we pay people to clean the house (floors, dust, bathrooms, etc) every other week.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Top Dog

We clean when things look dirty or we are having people over.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I need to clean on a more rigorous schedule...since it is just me living here currently, I basically clean when I can't take the clutter anymore.

Like today, for example. My dirty dishes are starting to stack up, the floor really needs to be vacuumed, the trash is full, and the bathroom sink is starting to look a little "meh". So I really need to take care of that, and probably will since today is my day off...but I've let it go on for awhile. LOL

Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Top Dog

As often as needed.

Minimum once per week we do a concentrated effort (usually Saturdays) where everything gets straightened/vacuumed/dusted/bathrooms cleaned. If I'm really ambitious, I'll bring up the shark steam mop and mop floors too, but that's more of every 3 weeks or so.

Daily we'll do dishes/straighten up.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 11-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Show Dog

What is this "Household Chore" thing of which you speak? Things get picked up when we either slip on them, or stub our toes. Is that considered cleaning, or just averting a potential HazMat situation?

Reality: Four adults, three large dogs, and a fish. We tidy/clean as we go along. Ok, *they* tidy and I clean, because I'm a little bit weird about the way things should be done.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Mutts to you

Vacuum when the fur gets too deep... okay, maybe a little more often than that. Can't stand dirty dishes in the sink so that's after every meal, clean bathrooms every week, laundry gets done once or twice a week. Not much of a stickler when it comes to dusting but we've got some much stuff on horizontal surfaces - knickknacks, figurines, framed photos, books, candles, that it's a chore dusting/moving all that stuff to get to the table/shelf surface. My solution? A small magnet that says, 'You may write in the dust, just don't date it.'

Deep, frenzied cleaning if company is coming over, which luckily doesn't happen too often since we're further away than most family members, friends in the city, want to drive.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-10-2013, 10:10 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I *loathe* doing dishes. Like, hate hate hate. I don't have a dishwasher, so everything has to be done by hand...and because I hate it, I let them all pile up and then do them all in one fell swoop, which makes me hate it even more. I really need to start washing them as soon as I'm done using them...but washing dishes.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:28 AM
PSD Partner

We vacuum every morning because of the German Shedders we have. lol We pick up toys every night and do dishes when they are used. We clean as we do things most of the time and for other stuff we do as needed. We do have assigned chores for each person though. For example who ever cooks doesn't have to clean the kitchen/dining room. Who ever didn't cook does that.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
W
For example who ever cooks doesn't have to clean the kitchen/dining room. Who ever didn't cook does that.
That's me and Sis (we share a house). I loathe cooking, so unless Sis wants frozen dinners or eating out of a can, she cooks and I clean up the dishes/kitchen afterward.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey