Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Hmmmm, I might do this.

Refusing delivery is hard, because usually Fedex just drops it and leaves.

I do want a weighted blanket, I'm just tired of getting jerked around. I haven't even received an apology for the trouble
yah. maybe since im sure it will be in a box, open it from the bottom very carefully, and then retape it, and write "return to sender" on the top and drop it off at a fedex location and be like "your guy didnt wait around for me to refuse this"

ETA: is this link of vendors helpful, if you need to place another order somewhere else? http://www.friendshipcircle.org/blog...o-choose-from/
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

Well, I'm not very confrontational... honestly, if it was me, I would probably keep it, pay for it, write a bad review for the company somewhere, and move on.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

You can take it back to a FedEx location and tell them you're refusing it even after it's been dropped off. I did this with a FedEx package once.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Top Dog

I would keep I and send them the money.

I see why you opened a dispute because time was running out but they also said four weeks. It's not that much passed. Honestly when I order special order I expect it later. Never gotten a tag or collar or signs I have had done when expected.

Maybe I missing something but you ordered end sept? It's the beginning of nov. Not THAT late. Maybe I read my dates wrong.

Last tag I ordered was something like five or six months. They offered to refund. I wanted the tag.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Well, I'm not very confrontational... honestly, if it was me, I would probably keep it, pay for it, write a bad review for the company somewhere, and move on.
This. Especially if I wanted the blanket.... If you WANT the product and you get the product, and you like the product, keep it.

Then slag them off to high heaven whenever anyone asks for a review.

Something like, "product is great if you can bear to deal with the crap customer service, this was my ordeal....."
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post

I see why you opened a dispute because time was running out but they also said four weeks. It's not that much passed. Honestly when I order special order I expect it later. Never gotten a tag or collar or signs I have had done when expected.

Maybe I missing something but you ordered end sept? It's the beginning of nov. Not THAT late. Maybe I read my dates wrong.

Last tag I ordered was something like five or six months. They offered to refund. I wanted the tag.
We ordered a bed once that took about 10 months to arrive!!!! OMG, so annoying, especially as we had a superking mattress just sat in a room waiting for the frame!!!!!!!

But we wanted the bed.... So we waited.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post

It's one thing to expect an item to be later than originally stated but as a person with a small online business... You don't just leave a customer sitting and wondering when their product will ative. If it's goig to be late, you have a responsibility to let the customer know and if you promise a shipping date... You stick to it or contact the customer and explain the situation. It's not right to not leave the customer wondering especially when they have tried to contact the business.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
It's one thing to expect an item to be later than originally stated but as a person with a small online business... You don't just leave a customer sitting and wondering when their product will ative. If it's goig to be late, you have a responsibility to let the customer know and if you promise a shipping date... You stick to it or contact the customer and explain the situation. It's not right to not leave the customer wondering especially when they have tried to contact the business.
This. If they had contacted me and said hey, there was a problem so your blanket's going to be delayed a bit, I would have been 100% fine with it. But they kept saying "next week" "later this week" "next Tuesday" and pushing it back each time, and I was never informed of it until I contacted them. They should have been the ones contacting me.

I understand things can be late. I've had harnesses go out late. But I tell them it's going to be late, and then I either don't charge for it or I discount it. Tango got a free harness because it was a complicated harness and I didn't get to it as early as I liked. Indy got a free harness resizing, collar conversion, and a vest because I was late getting to them because I had a million things going on.

For those interested, I'm now blocked from posting comments on any of their Facebook posts. Keep in mind I haven't posted anything bad on their Facebook. All I ever tried to post was a question asking something like "When do you expect my blanket will be shipped?" but those didn't even get through. I've asked other sellers the same questions, and instead of getting blocked from their Facebook I got a polite answer, and if necessary, an explanation. It's so lovely this company that claims to help autistic people actually censors autistic people instead. I would never dream of blocking people from my harness page because they asked me a question.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

So, I sent them this email a couple minutes ago. Yeah, it's snarky:

Quote:
I had actually decided after that last email to look elsewhere for a blanket, somewhere that would value me as a customer and treat me with respect. Since it's shipped, though, I guess I'm obligated to pay for it if it ever shows up. This has been the absolute worst customer service experience I've ever had. I hope nobody who purchases a product from me ever feels this way. Last time I had to delay an order, I didn't charge the customer and I gave them a free item as a token of my apologies.

At the very least you should have contacted me when you realized there were problems with the blanket and told me that it would be a bit delayed. Had I been informed of this fact ahead of time, I would have expected the delay, and I wouldn't have been sitting here wondering if my blanket ever exists.

Thanks for the meltdowns and sensory shutdowns I have experienced as a result of the way I've been treated by your company. I hope you're happy. I will be sure to post reviews about my experience.
And then I got this email back:

Quote:
I agree with you 100% Shannon, you should keep the blanket at no charge and we hope very much it provides you with comfort.
So, I get to keep the blanket AND my money. I'm still not thrilled with them, but at least there's that. It shouldn't have taken that last email for them to decide to do the right thing.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

According to their Facebook, the blanket is a queen size. I ordered a full size. 30 lbs in full size is more weight per square inch than 30 lbs in queen size, and I have a full size bed and it's not supposed to hang off the edges and a queen size blanket will hang off the edges of a full size bed. Ugh. We'll see what it is when it gets here >.<