Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Well, did they?
Yes, ended up at the vet. 7 10.77%
Yes, no vet. 38 58.46%
Nope. Dogs have no violent streak. 14 21.54%
Parsley (an herb is a food!) 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2015, 02:56 PM
Fishies!

Default Whos dogs have fought

A bit of a poll after an offline debate. Do you have multiple dogs that have, or have not fought over something? I think most people I've talked to have had some sort of incident at least.

Mine have, over food/objects, though not recently. Apparently being 8 and 9 does settle them a bit. Buster did have the edge of his ear split, you can still feel the region if you know where it is.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM
off we go, dogs in tow

I have four bitches, one of which is a pit bull. My answer is yes.

Most of it was Bloo being insecure and confrontational. Nothing serious, since I don't leave her alone unsupervised.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 02-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

I only have one dog right now, but growing up we had two pairs of schnauzers and none of them ever fought. They weren't best friends or anything, and the male in the first pair actively disliked the female, but they never fought or even came close. They just ignored each other most of the time.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 02-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Top Dog

Mine have yelled at each other once or twice over a dropped piece of food, but no contact and nothing that has ever required a human to break it up. Just noise. I don't consider it fighting, but some may.

Other than that, no. I made some very deliberate decisions regarding dog 2 and what I was willing to bring into the house with Meg, and then I got really lucky and it worked as planned.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Top Dog

Quke and Ivy have never fought...they have snarled a bit but always work it out. Ivy did send Marley to the vet once and would go after him a bit over food (marley was a huge begger)...he never fought back though. (He went to the vet because she nipped him for growling at Quke when he was a baby and caught his ear JUST right so that it ripped:/). Ivy and my foster bull terrier fought but again, nothing too serious as I was able to separate them and just tossed them outside (it was over the cat) and they were then fine. My previous pack, yes, the chow mix and husky mix fought. Never totally out of control, only one requiring vet attention for a puncture that was right on Ed's shoulder and it pulled funny.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Top Dog

Not Gambit and Gimmick. They are best buds. That said, when the puppy comes I will have two intact males in the home, so we'll see what happens.

I actually picked another whippet over a few other breeds specifically to try and avoid DA within the home

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Twin 2

Traveler and Fergus have fought and before that Hannah and Kaylee had fought. Fergus is going through a adolescent buttface stage and taking it out on Traveler.

Didgie could chew Traveler or Fergus's face off and they wouldn't stop her.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Yup. Ickky and Kastle got into a couple of times when we first moved in with DH (Kastle has since been neutered). Limit and Kastle got into it numerous times when Limit was younger any time there was a big change (a trip, a move etc etc) to our lives. No issues since those couple, and they were more noisy snarky nonsense than "real" fights. No blood or wounds. But, more than we like. Luckily, the pack has since balanced out. We'll go ahead and throw that off by adding another intact male this summer
Old 02-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

All of mine have probably fought with each other at some point in their lives. Only one major fight when Stryder and Charlie put holes in Lincoln.

Lincoln commonly starts fights over the water dish but that is managed and monitored. Nimbus and Kiba are always at each other, but even though Kiba has permission to put holes in her to get her to stop, she still hasn't taken me up on the offer.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

Yes they have. My current two hated each other. They've bloodied each other and both have scares to prove it. One time I had to pick one up, kick the other off and toss one over a fence once separated.

Needless to say,most of the neighbors didn't let their kids come over and play with them after that, which I was actually thankful for.

But they get a long great today, lots of work went into it. I never thought they'd ever be more than just tolerable of each other. Today, they lay together and play like crazy. I still keep them separated when i'm not around and always watch their interactions, but I never thought I'd see a day where they interact like they do now. But I will always be watchful. The day of their "big one", they had been doing very well together for a few months. I have a picture of them laying on the same dog bed together, cool as can be about an hour before it happened.