Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Top Dog

Default Looking for...

Does anyone know if such a collar (or collar maker) exists?
I want an all nylon martingale with two D rings (one dead, one live) and a plastic buckle. I've found a few collars that have a plastic buckle, but only one D ring. Basically I want the Lupine martingale with a buckle as well.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Top Dog

The Cozy Critter makes martingales like that.

http://www.cozycritter.com/index.htm
Old 11-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Like this, with an extra, dead D ring, right?

Moo by DJetzel, on Flickr

I would imagine most custom shops on etsy could do that for you. Wouldn't be difficult to add a second D ring by any means, you'd probably just have to ask. I could certainly do it if you were interested.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 11-05-2013, 10:50 AM
My dog tickles my soul

I'm not sure what you mean by "one dead, one live" on the d-rings. Do you mean a d-ring for tags and another for the leash clip? I've never heard the d-rings referred to in that way before.

In any case, it's probably something I could put together for you as well. (I do see DJEtzel has already chimed in first. Don't want to step on any toes, just wanted to say I can also make something.)
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by "one dead, one live" on the d-rings. Do you mean a d-ring for tags and another for the leash clip? I've never heard the d-rings referred to in that way before.

In any case, it's probably something I could put together for you as well. (I do see DJEtzel has already chimed in first. Don't want to step on any toes, just wanted to say I can also make something.)
No worries! I don't mind... I like people purchasing from me because they like my stuff, not because I'm the only one they can find. Options are ALWAYS good.

I think she means one "live" on the martingale fabric, and one "dead" on the flat so that it doesn't tighten. Like a pinch collar, when you clip it up normal it's "live", and when you clip both O rings on the martingale so that it can't tighten, it's "dead".

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 11-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

A "dead ring" on any collar that tightens just refers to the ring then when pulled does not cause the collar to constrict/correct. So prongs, chokes, and martingales all have "live rings" (constricts) and some have "dead rings" (does not constrict).

I too would be interested in a collar like that because it would have just about everything, so I'm curious to see if we can find one!

ETA: DJEztel ninja'd me

Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
No worries! I don't mind... I like people purchasing from me because they like my stuff, not because I'm the only one they can find. Options are ALWAYS good.
I didn't think you'd be upset, but I just want to be fair! We have similar collar styles and I never want anyone to think I'm trying to snipe their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I think she means one "live" on the martingale fabric, and one "dead" on the flat so that it doesn't tighten. Like a pinch collar, when you clip it up normal it's "live", and when you clip both O rings on the martingale so that it can't tighten, it's "dead".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
A "dead ring" on any collar that tightens just refers to the ring then when pulled does not cause the collar to constrict/correct. So prongs, chokes, and martingales all have "live rings" (constricts) and some have "dead rings" (does not constrict).

I too would be interested in a collar like that because it would have just about everything, so I'm curious to see if we can find one!

ETA: DJEztel ninja'd me
Thank you both for the explanation. In hindsight, that makes perfect sense, and actually was what I was picturing... just didn't get it worked out in my head right as being a martingale-specific function. lol Thanks!
Old 11-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

The cozy critter looked like... thin/flimsy nylon? Like it wouldn't be durable. Does anyone have experience with them?

If that doesn't work out, I'll definitely email someone about making me one!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
The cozy critter looked like... thin/flimsy nylon? Like it wouldn't be durable...
They're pretty strong. I haven't had one break nor heard of one breaking. Someone I know from Nosework and Rally has them for her Berners, too.