Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Wookie Collie

Default Gravity

Now that it's been out for a month, please tell me some of you have seen this film.

The boy and I went to see it tonight and I still can't unclench my jaw. My mind is blown.

If you haven't seen Gravity yet, take a muscle relaxer or an Ativan and then go see it. But maybe not if you're claustrophobic. Or agoraphobic. Especially not if you're both.

We had a great philosophical discussion on the very real perils of the conflicting space programs and other fun topics.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Slave to the Aussie

I'm to scared!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:26 AM
treehugging clicker freak

I saw it in 3D

It. Was awesome!!!!

But totally unrealistic, IMO. And that's how I calmed myself down after the movie

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

I get anxious seeing previews! No way!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Wookie Collie

I'll keep discussion spoiler-free, so no stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I'm to scared!
OTE=joce;2318087]I get anxious seeing previews! No way![/QUOTE]

That's not unwarranted! I read some spoiler-free reviews before going in that essentially said that you would be tense and at the edge of your seat the whole time, and in my case boy were they right. But I don't regret seeing it. At all. I'm glad I overcame the fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
I saw it in 3D

It. Was awesome!!!!

But totally unrealistic, IMO. And that's how I calmed myself down after the movie
One of the few films I actually say was better in 3D than without! Holy wow, I flinched in a few scenes which I've NEVER done before.

Unrealistic to a degree, I agree. The anti-grav was done so well that even astrophysicists only had a handful of qualms. Things like distance and orbits are indeed completely realistic, but it wasn't those aspects of the film that stuck with me. I'm impressed that astronauts, astrophysicists and even popular astronomy skeptics were thoroughly impressed by the film's accuracy, saying it was the best to date, which I'd agree.

(I read that Sandra Bullock stayed in the "anti-grav" chamber for ten hours at a time because it was so difficult to get in and out of. Wow.)

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 11-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Mutts to you

Saw it last weekend in 3D, I thought it was totally awesome and I never, ever want to go into space.

I was in first grade when John Glenn orbited the earth for the first time and remember watching the splash down on TV. As a kid, it was kinda neat, as an adult, I am amazed at the courage it took to do that, especially with no guarantees of getting up there or returning home safely...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 11-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

I can't wait to go see this! I saw Captain Philips the other day, though which was great. I'd highly recommend that one too.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Top Dog

Wow... just saw this. Now I know what you mean. I was so anxious the whole time. The 3D was also fantastic and I usually hate 3D movies. But holy crap, it almost even made me a bit nauseous lol. Sooo freaky, I'm probably going to have dreams about floating around in space now. I mean, to be honest, the plot wasn't anything to write home about but the movie was so well done and well acted.