Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Silence, peasants.

Puppies are awesome. Mine is only 10 weeks old and I want another. :P

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 11-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm All Ears

I love puppies. I will hopefully have one coming in the next year-year and a half. I've wanted one for about 3 years but I'm hoping patience pays off well.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Big Dog

Why is it that when you have a fantastic dog you want another one so bad? I brought my puppy home in January. I want another one so bad. I love my puppy. I can do everything I want with him. I still want another one. Hopefully will be getting another one not this summer but next summer. Hopefully.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Top Dog

Add me to the list. Like the OP, we want to have a kid in the next few years and it would be so much easier to have one well behaved Watson, instead of him plus another young hellion. But I want one! My husband isn't sure he wants more than one dog ever, even after hypothetical kid is older

I think my best bet is if Watson is bred in a couple years. Even if the timing isn't perfect, I don't think my husband could resist a baby Watson.

Personally, I loved having a puppy. It's the teenage months that make me want to put him in a box and ship him to Siberia.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 11-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
You are all crazy, puppies are terrible. I'm making a list here, and if I ever want another dog from a breeder I'm going to ship the puppy to one of you for raising
But it's not just the puppy I want... I want the whole dog
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Big Dog

I understand your pain OP!

I just got Astro in late August, and I already want another. I think some of it is because Astro loves other dogs and would so adore a pal. He always wants to go home with his puppy friends at the end of playdates and classes, breaks my heart....Another part of it is that I almost put my name down for a litter this year (GSPs in fact!), and instead I got Astro. I don't regret it a bit, but having him doesn't stop me from wanting my darn GSP.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Panzer is only 6 months old and I want another puppy, a terrier puppy to be exact. Pan is a pretty easy so far. Ask me that question when he goes through maturity. But I would love another terrier pup in a few years. Panzer and Teagan will probably go around the same time so I would like a third pup to be around for a while after those two go.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMutt View Post
I understand your pain OP!

I just got Astro in late August, and I already want another. I think some of it is because Astro loves other dogs and would so adore a pal. He always wants to go home with his puppy friends at the end of playdates and classes, breaks my heart....Another part of it is that I almost put my name down for a litter this year (GSPs in fact!), and instead I got Astro. I don't regret it a bit, but having him doesn't stop me from wanting my darn GSP.
Oooh get one, get one, get one, get one, get one.

Best. Dogs. Ever

Annoying as hell, funny as hell, and zomg like Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Show Dog

I totally feel you on this - I totally have puppy fever. In a few years I guess I'm getting tired of waiting!

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 11-01-2013, 06:29 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

You all are insane. Abrams is a good puppy....and I'm already counting down the days he's an adult. ROFL I don't want another puppy for a very long time. And, since I, too, want kids within the next 2-4 years...doubt a puppy will happen ANYTIME soon. Abrams was my last puppy for quite awhile. (Or, at least for the next five years, until Michael is out of the service and I've been through my first baby's infant years. LOL)

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~