Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Duuuuude.

Default A Tale of Two Brothers

I've had Riff for almost a year now and it has been a loooong process getting Rowan to tolerate him. The first couple of months it was so bad I was in touch with Riff's old owners saying it wasn't going to work out. After that things evened out a bit and Rowan adopted his motto of ignoring Riff. A few months later he started playing with him - not often, but some. I watched him grow more and more tolerant of the little things, like Riff bumping into him. What once warranted a warning snap now gets no reaction whatsoever. Riff has loved Rowan ever since he really settled in to the house.

And now I'm on to Rowan's secret. He likes Riff.

Rowan isn't a cuddly dog with other dogs. He'll play with his friends, but there's no sleeping next to each other or anything like that. He's pretty picky about his "bubble." Riff has been slowing breaking that down, and looking over all of my pictures, it's pretty **** adorable. So here they are, in order:

June. The first time Riff touched Rowan and stayed there (outside of play) that Rowan allowed.

July. "I really want to cuddle, but he'll growl if my cone touches him." Sad Riff.

August. The first time Rowan ever initiated cuddles with Riff. "**** it, she's taking pictures. Now everyone is gonna know."

October. Riff turns the tables and makes Rowan into a butt-pillow. Rowan allows it.

October, two days later. Riff takes the plunge. He goes for it. We both wait with baited breath. Is Rowan really going to be okay with this??? He was. A major breakthrough!

Just a few days ago. All of the pictures above were very brief encounters. This time, they were passed out together for over 20 minutes.

I am beyond excited that my jerkbag Brittany is finally realizing that, annoying though Riff may be, he's pretty good company

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 PM
F150 and a .30-06

So happy for you. It's not easy when two dogs hate eachother

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

It's really awesome that Riff won him over! ^_^ This pics are super cute
Old 10-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Top Dog

those two are too cute together. <3

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 10-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Top Dog

That's adorable!! With a cute face like Riff's, I'm surprised Rowan was able to hold out so long