Several Times Per Day 28 59.57%
1x Per Day 7 14.89%
a few times a week 8 17.02%
a few times a month 7 14.89%
rarely 8 17.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2013, 12:16 AM
Top Dog

Pretty much after every phone conversation with a close relative - mom, dad, grandparents, siblings. We say it in real life, too, but for some reason we always tend to end phone convos with "love you".

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Not very often to my parents... or any other human right now. When I have an SO it's usually a "love ya bye" type of thing. Which once got me in trouble because I said it to a boyfriend, as I was ending a phone call, before I was ready to say it out loud... so I hung up and immediately broke into a cold sweat... "do you think he heard that?! CRAP he DEFINITELY heard that... maybe he thinks he misheard me... shoot... what do I do?! Do I say it again next time? Do I wait for HIM to say it? OH GOD"
OH GOD YES. I was seeing this guy, I was moving so it wasn't a relationship that was going to move forward, but he was always teasing me like "You think I'm ugly" and I'd say "No, you are so handsome!" (shhh I was like 14/15) and one night he said something like "I know you hate me" and I said "Noo, I love you!" and then I pretty much almost vomited in my mouth when I realized what I said and there was this awkward silence and he started stuttering and I was sputtering and that was just bad. Bad bad bad.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

To my husband... it varies... sometimes once a day... sometimes multiple times.... other times it's I love you but you're an ass HAHAHA!

To other people.... meh, not often.... I rarely do with most of my family... I think I say I love you to friends more than I do with family.

To the dogs/cat..... all the freaking time.... ALL the time!!!
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Family, never.
OH daily usually.
Pets daily.
Other people never.

I like to hear it from oh too
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Are you dead yet?

To Eve and my parents? Every day, I text my mom "I love you" whenever we communicate. Eve, I spew it like we're newlyweds with something to prove.

My roommate, who I love dearly, and my friends who are also immensely important to me, hear it when they need to. Not often. They know I love them.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

DH - all day, every day. If we're not in the same room/building we send "lock" texts which translates to I love you.

Sometimes when he does something cute or stupid or annoying I say, "Oh, I just love you" which happens 3000 times a day.

Crossbone I tell him all the time too! And he gets the exasperated "Oh, I just love you" as much as DH does.

Parents, siblings -- when we talk on the phone.

I rarely tell anyone else.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 10-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

To mom, DH, son, animals all the freaking time. When we get off the phone, when one of us goes somewhere, before bed, random times through out the day.

With everyone else almost never I am incredibly awkward with I loves yous and hugs. Once I know you well its no biggy and its not really that I have a huge personal bubble its just awkward. Kel's friend gave me a hug before he left for basic (a guy I have known for 3 years at the time) and I did the wierd pat on the back thing :/
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

I selected "several times per day", because that's the most I say it (to my SO).

I think it's interesting how most people said either frequently to everyone, or infrequently to most people...mine really varies, I guess depending on the other person. Here's a breakdown of who I say it to and how often -

SO - several times per day, either text, in person, phone, etc. It was the same with the last person I loved romantically, maybe slightly less but still more than 1x per day

Daughter - only when I'm leaving her, usually. As she gets big enough to understand I'm sure I'll say it more.

Mom - only a few times a year. We never say it when hanging up the phone, going on vacation, etc. Really only if we have a fight or one of us is really sick or upset or something.

Dad - maybe weekly or so? Whenever we get off the phone, sometimes via text.

Grandma - every time we speak on the phone, so 2-3x a week

Brother - never except in special circumstances (fights, family emergencies, etc.)

Best friend - almost every time we talk on the phone, so a few times a month.

Other friends - only when needed, so a few times a year when they're sick, upset, starting a new job, moving, etc. (I say this to 3 or 4 other friends)

I usually say it to dogs when we're leaving the house (you wait here, I love you, be back soon!)

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-30-2013, 04:05 PM
and Fozzie B!

I say it to my family occasionally, mostly my Dad/Grandparents because I don't see them often.

I say it to my DH every day... we always say I love you when we go to sleep, or when one of us is leaving.

I say it to Malakai constantly. He says "Uhvoo!" back sometimes <3

I say it to my dogs more than anyone. Especially my cuddly Fozzdawg.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Cool

SO and Kids ~ everytime we part , and random times all day.

If I die in a horrid accident , I want them to be able to remember the last thing
I told them was ILOVEYOU!