Several Times Per Day 28 59.57%
1x Per Day 7 14.89%
a few times a week 8 17.02%
a few times a month 7 14.89%
rarely 8 17.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Every time I see my parents or talked to them on the phone I tell them I love them. Tyler I tell him ILU about a few times a week and the dogs like every hour lol. To my brother once in a while, we don't have that kind of relationship, although we are close.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Which once got me in trouble because I said it to a boyfriend, as I was ending a phone call, before I was ready to say it out loud... so I hung up and immediately broke into a cold sweat... "do you think he heard that?! CRAP he DEFINITELY heard that... maybe he thinks he misheard me... shoot... what do I do?! Do I say it again next time? Do I wait for HIM to say it? OH GOD"
I have a tendency to call everybody "Love", or "My Love". It's very nearly got me into trouble at times, I have to be super aware of it when texting some people.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Top Dog

Oh I've definitely done the "I love you bye!" and then realized I was talking to someone who probably shouldn't have received that farewell. Fortunately as of yet it hasn't happened during a phone interview or with a boss.

Not entirely related, but as a child I also had the habit of saying "Amen" after reciting the pledge of allegiance at school haha

This question is of particular interest to me now because I just made it a goal of mine to start saying "I love you" to my brother when I say goodbye to him. I say it to everyone else in my immediate family before hanging up the phone or upon parting, but it's always been a bit uncomfortable with my brother. Not because I love him any less, but just because it's never been a thing we've done. It was quite odd the first few times I said it before hanging up the phone, but it's getting less effortful each time. He still hasn't said it back yet, but I'd like to think it's always appreciated.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
Oh I've definitely done the "I love you bye!" and then realized I was talking to someone who probably shouldn't have received that farewell.
This. Definitely been there, too LOL

I hand out "I love you"s like nobody's business
Old 10-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I have a tendency to call everybody "Love", or "My Love". It's very nearly got me into trouble at times, I have to be super aware of it when texting some people.
That happened once when I was texting with two people at once - one I said "love you, drive safe, see you soon" too, and the other was a friend of a friend, I was giving him directions and telling HIM to drive safe... but had only met him like once and DEFINITELY wasn't going to say "love you" to him... hit send on the text and was immediately like "....OH *%(# *$(@)*$)@*$)@#@ WHO DID I SEND THAT TO?"

Luckily it went to the proper person LOL.
Otherwise that was going to be a slightly awkward conversation. "Oh I just tell everybody drive safe and ILU..."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I do the same. It's caused issues, especially at work because we were ALL like that.

The BF and I say it to each other a few times a day usually, but sometimes we forget to say it and that's okay too. It's not a hard-and-fast routine.

Family, I always say it when ending a phone call.

Friends, all the **** time.

Pets, especially Finnegan? More than the BF.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

To Michael: Depends on how often we talk. Typically once per day, but it may be only a few times a week. When we were living together, it was multiple times per day. In the morning when we'd leave for work/school, at night before going to bed, and a few times in between.

I never used to really say it to my parents, but now that I'm not living at home...I do whenever I'm done visiting and go to leave. They both get a hug and an I love you.

I also say it to my Grandparents (and Michael's grandma) when I'm done talking with them on the phone/about ready to leave after visiting.

To the dogs? Honestly, only when I'm feeling extra emotional and they are being comforting. Then I get sappy and will kiss them on the head and tell them that I love them. Typically, they just get called inappropriate names. But, oddly enough, that is my way of voicing my affection towards them. Dameon, my ferret, was always called "a little turd". When he was sick and dying and I was saying my goodbyes to him at the apartment before I took him into the vet, I held him and cried and told him he was a little turd. After Dameon passed, Michael was being particularly onrey one day and I called him a turd. He said, "You know, that isn't really a nice thing to say." and he was being dead serious about it. I just laughed and explained to him that me saying "you're such a turd" is me saying that you make me laugh, and smile, and make my day that much brighter for being in it. Now when he gets called a turd he grins.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 PM
such sights to show you

To my actual loved ones, a lot.

To most people, really not at all, ever.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Tim and I exchange some type of "I love you" multiple times per day. The rest of the world... not so much.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 10-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Duuuuude.

Often, to family/my BF because

Quote:
(she always wants it to be the last thing she says to someone, some morbid reason about death)
this. For some reason when I was younger (12, 13 maybe?) that thought occurred to me and it just became habit. I am sentimental as well though.

My friends not so much. For some reason it feels very... intimate to me, and therefore awkward to tell friends unless we're REALLY close. I do tell my very best friend that I love her though. She's like a sister to me.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff