Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-30-2013, 06:09 AM
Top Dog

The dogs only. We're getting married (in Jamaica) the first week in December so that pretty much kills our Thanksgiving travel budget, our Christmas travel budget, and Christmas presents. Unfortunately. Since I LOVE to buy presents for others.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Are you dead yet?

I don't really have much money. I want to buy super special stuff for:

Eve
Mom + dad
Roommate #1
Best girlfriend

I want to get something less expensive but still meaningful for:
My one year old niece
My two brothers and their wives
4 other good friends
Roommate #2
Roommate #1's mom and brother, who have both been super awesome to me
Roommate #1's brother's newborn baby and baby mama
Old 10-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Resident fainting goat

This is very exciting because my family is doing bought gifts this year! We have price points but still, we usually never do bought gifts

Boyfriend is getting..
- Custom converse (probably batman/startrek/pokemon something equally nerdy)

- Rayban Wayfarers (because he loves them as much as he continuously loses them)
- Skeleton watch (etsy)

- Boyfriend's mom is getting a custom camera strap (etsy)

- Boyfriend's dad is into space and is getting the new hubble book with pictures
It's so pretty I want to keep it

- My mom is getting some lululemon yoga goodies (namasteeeee) we do small xmas gifts typically.

- Brother is getting this book

- Other brother is getting this book! I got it signed and it's one of his favorites

- Cousin #1 is getting sparkly pink toms (she's 8 and asked me for them EXACTLY. in pink)

- New baby niece is getting a custom mobile (DRAGONS!)

- Boyfriend little brother is getting a gamestop gift card because he's 15 and who knows about video games/minecraft

- Cousin is getting a few summer dresses (she is going to cali for college) Modcloth!

- My dad is getting a cool pen

- AND LOTS of people are getting groupon giftcards! I think it's such a great gift because it lets them pick ACTIVITIES/stuff to do in their area! Its like you are getting them a fun date or something

My favorite places to shop for gifts
- Amazon for books (because moneys.)
- Thinkgeek
- Etsy
- Fab.com
- Modcloth
- Nordstrom rack

I plan early and I shop HARD haha

I still have
- A million cousins
- Boyfriends grandparents
- Boyfriends big sister
- (4) fellow employees
- Boss
- a few aunts/uncles (but we do babysitting vouchers and stuff lol)

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

the bulk of my Christmas shopping is for Hannah. Hubby and I will probably exchange something lol IF we can come up with something we each want (seriously I don't know why it's so hard for me to answer "what do you want for Christmas").

We'll get a little something for the grandparents from Hannah... probably some handpainted pottery like mugs or something.

and then Something for the cousins we will see on Christmas day.

Other than that it's mostly stuff for Hannah. I already have a bunch of stuff that I've been buying throughout the year for her (it helps to buy all year when things are on sale then everything at the last minute in one big cash drop).

Her big gift this year is something I got from a friend that teaches animation and was a big Disney collector. Anyone remember Teddy Ruxpin? you put the cassette in and he would read you books. Well... we got the Mickey and Goofy version of that with ALL the cassettes and books and outfits and they work I'm trying to decide how to present them on Christmas morning LOL.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

I do all mine on-line usually at Amazon but now my state is going to make Amazon start charging us sales tax so I want to get it done before that starts, so Friday night I am going to sit down and do all my shopping.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
- Boyfriend's mom is getting a custom camera strap (etsy)
I now have two camera straps (and a ton of other etsy stuff) on MY wishlist. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

My mom just got an iPhone, so I'm thinking of getting her a complimentary gift. I'm thinking the gloves that can work with a touch screen, but she might get those before Xmas. I'm also thinking a docking center or speaker type thing?

I might do baby picture calendars for "in-laws" and extended family, but idk if that's too cheesy

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Blonde Raccoon

I LOVE Christmas. Seriously, it's my favourite time. I usually just shop for:
-my three brothers (they are 21, 7 and 5, the little guys usually get Beyblades or whatever toy is 'in' any given year .. I'm so bad at shopping for kids)
-mother
-grandmother
-small-ish gifts for my three best friends

My mother is the hardest person in the world to shop for, so I should probably get on that soon!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

I'll probably buy something for my mother, father and a few friends. I haven't even figured out what yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
the bulk of my Christmas shopping is for Hannah. Hubby and I will probably exchange something lol IF we can come up with something we each want (seriously I don't know why it's so hard for me to answer "what do you want for Christmas").

That's what happens when you get OLD and comfortable (like me)!!!!!!!

You don't want anything, you have everything you need and want!!!!! There is nothing I need or want for Xmas.... I have one idea for the OH but honestly, it's a bit of a guess.... I can't buy him anything!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein