Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

I am in such a Christmasy mood today haha. Must be the snow! I was listening to Christmas music earlier this morning even lol. I wish Halloween would hurry up and go so that the Christmas season could start. It's my favourite.

I got most of my Christmas shopping done a few months ago already. I have to try and exchange the one I got for my mom though, because I think I got the wrong size, so I am going to see if they have the other size still. I hope so, because I can hardly wait to give her this gift. She's going to love it!

I'm not really sure who else I should shop for other than my dad and brother (I think they're the only ones I have left to get for). I love Christmas, but sometimes I'll buy stuff for friends who didn't get me anything (which is totally fine - I prefer giving) and then they feel bad that they didn't get me anything, and I don't like making people feel awkward by accident. So I'm still deciding if I should get/what I should get for a couple of people.

Usually I just buy for close family, family kids and a few friends. Coming up with ideas is always hard. I try hard to give things that I know people really want/need/will appreciate, but some people are hard to shop for.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

SO and I will probably get each other something or do something together and call it our X-mas gift.

I may get one gift for my mom and stepdad, instead of getting them each a gift.
Same for my brothers. They're young and I don't see them that often. I feel like most of the things I've gotten them have been wasted. (I got my oldest brother books 1-6 of the Percy Jackson series and he hasn't touched them.)

As everyone else has said, money's tight. If I could think of something I KNEW they wanted/would love, I would get it. But most of my family are kind of 'meh' about gifts. Gift cards or small things tend to be what we give/get.

Gwen will obviously get something :P

SO's family may get something. I'm not sure if we're going up to WI this year but if we are, I would like to get them gifts.

I will also be getting one of my friends something as she's helped me through a lot this year.

Oh and I can't forget my Secret Santa person!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I only but for immediate family...

Mum, dad (or combined!), brother & sister in law, and nephew (can't wait, it's his first Xmas, sadly he will be in china ) , sister. She has a boyfriend, but I haven't met him yet so don't feel obliged to buy him anything!!! And of course my own boyfriend, and the dogs.

Hoping to get most of my Xmas shopping done in copenhagen if I can!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
I am in such a Christmasy mood today haha. Must be the snow! I was listening to Christmas music earlier this morning even lol. I wish Halloween would hurry up and go so that the Christmas season could start. It's my favourite.
Me tooooooo ugh. I haven't listened to any Christmas music yet... yet. I've been good this year. But I can't wait. I love Christmas.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Kung Pow Fish

im with most people. not buying anyone anything, including myself, because no money. i hope to enjoy a decent birthday dinner on the Eve, if i can find any open restaurants, but other than that, i will be doing nothing special. i dont have any friends in this state, and i dont have any family at all anymore and as im typing this i realize how pathetic i sound all of a sudden. oh well.
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 10-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

My list.
- Falon
- Matt
- Siblings
- My Mom and Dad
- Matt's sister
- Nephew
- Matt's Mom and Dad
- Matt's Grandpa
- One friend

The only gift that's a no brainer is a hoodie for Matt. I get him one every year. Everyone else I have NO idea. And really, Falon is probably getting the gift of wrapping paper and boxes. She'll be 8 months old and I'm not into wrapping presents that I'll be unwrapping again later. She will get a stocking though.

The friend is probably getting a handmade gift cause she's entirely knitworthy. Siblings are probably getting gift cards (all of them).

Ugh, that's really all I can think of right now. I hate Christmas shopping for Matt's family, his Mom gets us SO MUCH STUFF and it sort of feels like a competition - even when I'm not participating.

ETA: Oh yeah my parents and Matt's parents are probably getting calendars or books with baby photos. I've been waiting for YEARS for that easy present. ONE PRESENT DOWN.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

we pick things up as we go to odd and unusual places. Like, we bought some jelly for a bunch of people from a booth at the local flea market. The people make the jelly themselves and sell it there. We got some yarn, goat milk soap and lotion, gloves and a stuff animal border collie (hey, it was black & white and my neice is too young to know the difference!) from the NYS Sheep & Wool Fest.

Online we ordered some spices from a spice house in Chicago. My mom was complaining to me that her jar that we got her 3 or so years ago is almost empty, so we picked some up for her and some other spices for my BIL.

So yeah, we just pick up odds and ends from different festivals and fairs that we have around here. We like to go into NYC and shop at their Christmas markets, but that can add up quick, so we'll probably stay local this year.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Gift to Zachary: We are going to Peru. Done. We can buy each other llamas.
Mom & Dad
Sister
Mom & Dad (in laws)
Brother in law
Best friends (2)
Bestest friend coworker (1)
Last year all the cousins and spouses/significant others threw names in a hat and bought for one person. I loved it. It was awesome. I hope we repeat that game. Much simpler.

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Top Dog

I'm just buying for my family. I don't have a lot of money to buy for everyone in my life. But I wish! So I will just buy for my my mom, dad, my brother, our pets and my brother's dog this year. Everyone else will be getting Christmas cards.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Silence, peasants.

I'm buying for siblings, parents, coaches, and pets. Possibly friends, idk yet. Normally do it at the last possible moment. :P

Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle