Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Zumi Leads

So I've been wanting an orange and blue rope lead for P to use in agility. Zumi Leads is about to add an orange and blue rope to their selection. Technically it's not a Chicago Bears orange and navy blue, but I've always used a lighter blue for P anyway, and that's kind of what I pictured in my head when I started looking for an orange and blue rope... so I want one, and I have some extra money left from selling off my My Little Pony collection, so I want to get him one.

I know a few of you have Zumi Leads, how do you like them? I really prefer martingale leads so I was thinking of asking for a custom order of one. Like this:

I'm pretty sure she could make one fairly easily for me so I think I'll ask... anybody ever done a custom one from them?

I also was hoping for a football stamp... she doesn't have one. But I do. I wonder if I will sound like a crazy person if I ask if I can send my stamp to her and if she could use it to stamp the lead and then send me my stamp back along with the lead. and even if that does make me sound like a crazy person, if I care enough to not ask anyway.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Not a Border Collie

I was very tempted by the blue and orange rope too, but as of right now I'm avoiding the company due to some seriously unprofessional behaviour on social media. The other company involved doesn't have totally clean hands either (one employee behaved similarly), but I would deal with them before Zumi.

(I don't think it's a crazy idea at all to ask to send your stamp! I think that's a great idea.)

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Vizsla mom

I want a zumi. but now you've got my attention with that ..what happened, if you don't mind my asking? I just scanned their FB& I don't see anything?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

I am curious as well, just because their products are so similar to a local company. Wondering if there is an issue between the two.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I am curious as well, just because their products are so similar to a local company. Wondering if there is an issue between the two.
You got it in one. Only Rocket Dogs didn't really have anything to do with it.

There was an issue as far as artistic license and violation by Zumi from Rocket Dog
Old 12-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

Very happy with my Zumi lead. It's help up well in our agility classes and being dragged, and it still looks brand new. It's really sturdy, too, you can tell, but it's not TOO heavy either. My first one was stolen out of my mailbox (package was there, slit open) and they sent me a new one free of charge. I had great customer experience with them, fast replying, fast shipping, etc. I briefly heard about some issue on social media, but meh, I'm happy.

Brit & Jackson

Old 12-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Not a Border Collie

I can't find much evidence online of it (the mess seems to be cleaned up, lol), but there were just some really passive aggressive stuff regarding the design on Instagram. Also some allegations of graphic theft.

I'm not saying one company is right or wrong (the passive aggression did happen on both sides), but personally, I'm choosing to avoid it all together! I don't want to discourage anyone from using either company, as it is completely a personal choice, but I just thought it was worth a mention that there has been some drama and accusations surrounding the company.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

I know all about the drama and after taking a look at it, I still bought from Zumi Leads. In my opinion, they handled everything pretty professionally.

I have two leads from them and plan on buying a third. They have FANTASTIC customer service skills, responded to emails within 15 minutes and even sent me a free leash because their stamper was broken. They communicated when everything was being shipped out and it was very quickly after I ordered it.

Awesome quality as well! I seriously can't say enough about how much I love my leashes!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 12-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Top Dog

Well, I had no idea of the drama, although obviously I'd support our local company anyway. Since they appear pretty much identical, I can tell you that I have Rocket Dog leashes that I got used in 2001 that are still fully functional. They were my go-to leash for Animal Control, since I could make a big noose and catch dogs without having to reach for collars (if there was even a collar there), and were pretty well abused. The worst I've ever had happen was to lose the little leather tabs from dogs chewing on them.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Blonde Raccoon

I like mine! But I was totally clueless about the drama. They had excellent customer service and even squeezed in an extra stamped letter on mine!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.